Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Say I wanted to learn and read about installing a TH350 transmission in a trifive, on this site, how would I do that?? I'm sure there are a lot of threads on this subject, but I don't know how to access them. Thank you, Carmine.

·
Registered
36,526 Posts
I thought you were schooled up on a 200-4R installation in your convertible. A TH350 would be essentially the same installation.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Go the the transmission and driveline forum - then search for "th350" - then start looking at the 404 posts.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought you were schooled up on a 200-4R installation in your convertible. A TH350 would be essentially the same installation.
I still am. Just trying to broaden my knowledge some, Carmine.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,864 Posts
Carmine....Here are a couple of old articles that I have on hand that you can download

Attachments

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why would you want to install a th350? As Rick said, same procedure, but a overdrive is so-o-o much more cruiseable. :)
No, no TH350 Don. My heart is set on a 200-4R OD. I already have one lined up and I'm just waiting for this Thursday to hopefully register my '55. This will be my 3rd trip to the DMV. Actually, I hope it's my last. I didn't want to buy anything or put any more money into this car until I had a registration/title to it. That's also why I didn't pull out the original 265 and replace it with one I had built for more power. I see that motor almost everyday in the garage and would really like to get moving on it. But, first things first. As soon as my car is registered with a title and plates, I'll place the transmission order the same day.
I put a TH400 transmission in my '57 behind a 671 BDS blower. I know what I went through with that. I was just curious as to the installation of a TH350 in a trifive. I like to read about the shared experiences of others.
David, thank you for those articles. I will read them, Carmine.

·
Registered
531 Posts
No, no TH350 Don. My heart is set on a 200-4R OD. I already have one lined up and I'm just waiting for this Thursday to hopefully register my '55. This will be my 3rd trip to the DMV. Actually, I hope it's my last. I didn't want to buy anything or put any more money into this car until I had a registration/title to it. That's also why I didn't pull out the original 265 and replace it with one I had built for more power. I see that motor almost everyday in the garage and would really like to get moving on it. But, first things first. As soon as my car is registered with a title and plates, I'll place the transmission order the same day.
I put a TH400 transmission in my '57 behind a 671 BDS blower. I know what I went through with that. I was just curious as to the installation of a TH350 in a trifive. I like to read about the shared experiences of others.
David, thank you for those articles. I will read them, Carmine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts