Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello! I've got a '57 Chevy 210 2 door sedan, in the body shop getting floor pans and rockers, and some other stuff.

Can anybody point me to what chassis parts I should look at replacing while everythings apart?

I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions as time goes by, and I appreciate any and all help. Thanks!

http://www.picturehost.com/v/User-Albums/cmak9/

·
Administrator
49,647 Posts
Welcome to the site. I would also replace the body mounts and then the upper and lower a=frame bushings, ball joints if they haven`t been replaced in awhile. Add a front sway bar to help with body lean. Add disc brakes if you want them too. And a shock relocator bar for the rear shocks helps reduce the road noise.
Terry

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Welcome to the site! Sure wish I could afford to pay to have all that done to my car! Maybe I misunderstood you...are you doing all this work yourself? If so, then my comment would be "sure with I knew how to do all this stuff myself!" :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ditto! on the disc brakes, its worth the effort and the cost to protect your investment and for your personal safety. I just did the change over and they made a big difference over the old 55 drums.

If I had known I would live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate all of the advice. Mike, the problem is I CAN'T afford it :eek: , but I don't have the skills, equipment or garage to do it myself, so i'm making myself afford it at the moment. I'm trying to figure out what must or really should be done while the body is off the frame, and leave the other stuff for my average shade tree mechanic skills for later. I think I'm going to go for the body bushings (of course) and an idle arm bearing kit, and come back on the other stuff. Still thinking about it. Thanks again!

1,544 Posts
welcome

Hey cmac welcome to the site, you sound like me when I first got my 57 driver, four kids no money but I wanted disk brakes, I did mine in my driveway for very little money, I will send the article to you telling you just how to go about it, what parts to get at the junk yard, the only thing new were the rubber lines at the wheels and the mounting brackets, this will also change you over to roller bearings and you can use your stock master cylinder. labor is cheap when it's you doing it. hope this helps. Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.