Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a complete roof that was cut from a car by someone else and have a question. The roof doesn't have a pillar but other than that how can you tell if it's actually from a HT car? I'm going to sell it and I just want to make sure since I didn't actually cut it off. What would the value be? Rust free with a couple small easy to fix dents.

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
I picked up a complete roof that was cut from a car by someone else and have a question. The roof doesn't have a pillar but other than that how can you tell if it's actually from a HT car? I'm going to sell it and I just want to make sure since I didn't actually cut it off. What would the value be? Rust free with a couple small easy to fix dents.
How much of the Post did they Leave.

The rear windshield post on a hardtop will have more rake on it than a sedan.

·
Registered
37,298 Posts
More than the rake, which may not be obvious, is that the ht roof is lower and shorter in length than a sedan top.

The other half of it is that it's a lot of trouble to clean all the B and C pillar pieces off a sedan roof to where it's hard to distinguish from a ht roof.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pics

Post up a photo and someone should be able to tell.
I'll try to get a few pics up tomorrow sometime, it may be friday due to halloween though,

I agree it would be hard to clean off all the b and c pillar stuff but what about a 4 door hardtop, would they be the same as a 2 door ht?

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
The rear should have the dome lights if it is for a Ht. If the dome light is in the center, it is not for a ht. :anim_25: bowtie-trifive :gba:

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
The rear should have the dome lights if it is for a Ht. If the dome light is in the center, it is not for a ht. :anim_25: bowtie-trifive :gba:

A 57 ht would have the light in the middle. I think a 57 sedan would also be in the middle. I am not sure about a 56 though.:bowtier:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
windsheild

Doesn't a 57 use a different windshield than a 55 and 56. If so is the difference reflected in the roof as well?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
If this is the hardtop. You should have some holes where the flipper attached to the roof for the door Glass. Right?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts