Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here :wavey: - apologies if this has been discussed before. I'm looking for some hubcap stencils. I have a 56 Bel Air. Anyone know how or where to get one, or another way of spraying hubcaps? No offense to anyone, but the Danchuck decals don't fit well and look hokey in my opinion.

Thanks! brerfox

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,833 Posts
7,080 Posts
Understand. Had the chrome removed and the caps polished. Young lady that did mine masked and cut out around the chevy logo before painting the white with a rattle can. Time consuming but looked fantastic. The white paint is starting to come off. Need paint that will adhere to the S/S. :bowtier: :anim_25:

Attachments

·
Administrator
68,010 Posts
Apart from the stencils the only time consuming pain staking way to do them would be to have them masked up & painted :anim_25:

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
This is my first post here :wavey: - apologies if this has been discussed before. I'm looking for some hubcap stencils. I have a 56 Bel Air. Anyone know how or where to get one, or another way of spraying hubcaps? No offense to anyone, but the Danchuck decals don't fit well and look hokey in my opinion.

Thanks! brerfox
The decals I bought awhile ago are die-cut, but the pieces aren't removed.

Buy the decals, remove the bowties from the decal, stick them on the hubcaps as a mask, and throw the decal itself away.

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Understand. Had the chrome removed and the caps polished. Young lady that did mine masked and cut out around the chevy logo before painting the white with a rattle can. Time consuming but looked fantastic. The white paint is starting to come off. Need paint that will adhere to the S/S. :bowtier: :anim_25:
Good info here, Thanks. Mike

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
10,984 Posts
Here are some photos of one I just finished and sent to Sweden for a C-Kit.

The paint is single stage urethane. And it sticks like superglue on your fingers.

Mikey

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:shakehands: Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Looks like the tedious way is going to be the way to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts