Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hydroboost brake unit from an 80's diesel chevy pick up. Has anyone used this type of brake booster, any ideas, suggestions or tips. For 55 210 with 605 steering, disc front, 8.8 disc rear. Tks

·
Registered
839 Posts
I haven't put one On a Trifive. I assume you have disc brakes on your car.
I have helped my son put a couple on his Turbo Buicks. his was a bolt on deal though. I'm going to install one on my 63 Belair soon. Mounting the booster will be the most difficult. But not that hard. use the gasket that went between the booster and fire wall for a pattern for the mounting holes. You will have to play with the length of the rod a little. but the system works great.
you run the pressure hose from the power steering pump to the booster. then a pressure hose from the booster to the pressure side of the steering box. the booster should have a return hose that goes from the booster to the return hose of the steering box. just splice a T fitting in the return hose of the steering box to connect the two. Connect the brake line, and bleed the brakes. top off the power steering pump. start the engine and turn the wheel back and forth to get the air out. ad more fluid as required. and enjoy some great brakes. I hpe this helps.:wavey:

·
12,256 Posts
Here's a pic of an adapter I built when I was going to use a hydroboost in my car. I also shortened and threaded the pushrod and used the stock clevis. I have since gone to an electro-hydraulic brake setup from ABS Power Brakes.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input

Thank you, I'll let you know how it works out. The Pick up booster has a flat plate mounted to it and it looks like it will fit the firewall nicely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts