Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chevrolet 150 is on the way from Luziana to pick up the Sedan Delivery & my psychological well being is in the toilet. I very humbly apologize to those of you that sent me parts then selling the car..
I was very close to having it running but the 1st things that I thought of when I looked at the car was the lack of glass or the rotten door bottoms or the lack of inner rockers & the rusted off braces.All the bondo in the roof,the rusted dash etc,etc,etc.I just got to where I was sick of trying to figure out how I was going to scrounge up enough money for everything that it still needs.I just hope that my Son understands.
Tim knows how to weld and can do things that I never learned how to do.
Buying the Econoline pick-up was a quick decision but to me its money in the bank that I can't spend.I know that I can flip it for a little more than I paid for it.It has a valid Florida title and I put it on CL this morning.
I hope to be back soon w/another tri-5.....

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,368 Posts
Well, as I see it, if the car was causing more stress than pleasure, it's time get rid of it. Working on these cars has to be fun- otherwise what's the use? Glad you found a good home for it.
I like your plan for getting the new project truck running and upgrading it to a running Trifive. Sounds wise. Best of luck to you.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Sometimes you have to know when to quit - -

Sorry to hear that you have to give up on her; but, sometimes that's the wisest decision you can make. When the project requires skills we don't have and you have to pay someone else to perform a lot of the work - it just isn't worth it. It's better to save the money and keep looking for a project that is closer to what you can handle and have fun with. :anim_25:

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Hang in there Fred
all good things come to those who wait !

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
I was more disappointing that you sold it, and didn't realize your dream of driving it. The parts we donated were from the heart, nothing more than that.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
there will be more. keep flipping cars and soon you'll have enough cash for one you can enjoy.:anim_25:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Fred, the hunt is half of the fun :creep: Later, Dave

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Fred it's all good. Cars are like girlfriends, if it doesn't work out you move on to the next one, until you find one to keep. Then it's like a wife, even though you love it and won't get rid of it, it still causes you a lot of stress, and takes alot of your money... oh boy why did I start this?

:sign0020:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Fred Hope You can got a load off Your mind and tht the 56' is going to a good home, as for the Ford, well use it as a stepping stone on the path to another Tri-5 good hunting and Be happy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts