Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry... it's a Ford. :happy0030:

1956 Ford F500. The seller is taking the bed/crane off, and I'm planning on maybe running the stock frame for now; and maybe find a 70s 4x4 frame sometime down the road and a stepside bed if I can find a deal.

The seller is moving to Oregon, and wont be back til Sunday. Then he's removing the box/bed, and I'll pick it up on Wednesday.

It has either a 360 or a 390 the seller says, I'll have to run the numbers myself. It has a 4spd behind that, and an auxilary 3spd behind the 4spd! It has a 5.38 rear axle!
The cab appears to be in pretty decent condition, and the interior is actually kind of nice! Filthy, but in decent shape! More importantly, it appears to be almost untouched.

I ran across it in Craigslist... and I'll be honest, I like this model a lot... but it was the price that locked it in for me! My wife said we should get it! And that she wants to help work on it!

For now, I plan on hosing off the dirt, and getting the engine to fire up. Then just drive it around and pimp it Sanford style

Guess how much?... $300!.. I couldn't let it go. :party0031:

·
Registered
66,304 Posts
have fun with that truck, can't beat the price. :five:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Fat Fendered Ford trucks are cool too... $300.00? WOW! Have fun with the new toy... Later, Dave

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ahh, thanks guys! I was afraid I wouldnt be allowed to log in again! :sign0020:

u can put a chevy in it
lol, member Jason Aschle here told me a big block Chevy should fit in real nice! :D

I definetly don't need another distraction... but like I said... I couldn't let it go! Plus, if it didn't sell, it was heading to scrap. It had been listed for several weeks at least already.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Looks like a real nice project. How about this, I was servicing a strip mall today, and a blue stake bed truck like yours, pulled through with a small covered trailer. I couldn't make out what was in the bed, but it looked the the owner used the truck for his work. :tu

1 - 13 of 13 Posts