Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ASA( against Steves advice)
I found this 56 about 90 miles away from here but about 2 miles from Cuzz(Steve's) house.I asked him to meet me there and he did.He got there before I did and had time to check it out before I arrived.
Because its a 2dr hdtp sport coupe w/a production of about 19,000 compared to the Bel air production of about 131,000,I like the "idea" of the car better than the car.I've owned 55s,57s 58s 59s 60s 61s but never a 56.....
Steve mentioned that he had the 57 4dr for sale that he had been parting out w/2 motors,new floors better body etc etc & he said that we could work out payment.I didn't know that the 57 was back on the market but I did tell the PO of the 56 on the phone that I wanted it.
Steve is a very nice gentle man so when I asked him if he thought that the 56 was worth the money,he didnt answer,he just looked at me & smiled..So I knew his answer...but since I had committed to the buy,I took the 56.
And guess what..It needs some parts welded on.:sign0020:The PO mentioned that it needed inner & outer rockers but I thought rust not invisible.New inner & outers came w/the car.The car has front disc brakes installed.
So here it is warts and all.The front fenders are inside the car along w/the hood.It has a good title & vin tag & it has a ton of parts.
Maybe I can trade the Econoline pickup for bodywork:party0031:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more pix

Attachments

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
OF,

That should keep you busy. Nice find

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I completed the snake/spider check.Rear floors are pretty solid.Judging by the back seat & door panels,someone musta loved her at one time.

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
56 hardtop..:party0031:I dont know what you paid for it. But if your happy with the price thats all that matters. I traded a tricked out IROC for mine. Was told i was crazy but dont regret it for one second. I like all the trifives but the 56 is the one that does it for me.

Good luck with it hope to see it when its done!

Mike

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
OF, looks like the starting point that most of us had.... so I say to you,,,, Wuz wrong with that???? She's gonna need a little metal and some love, thats all.

:happy0030:
Looking forward to the progress pics.
Great find, another save

Gil

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
How does this compare to the sedan delivery in terms of less work?

From this distance it is hard to tell.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
OF, looks like the starting point that most of us had.... so I say to you,,,, Wuz wrong with that???? She's gonna need a little metal and some love, thats all.

:happy0030:
Looking forward to the progress pics.
Great find, another save

Gil

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Congratulations on the new toy Fred, from another 56 owner... Looks like a nice project:tuLater, Dave

·
Registered
66,316 Posts
congrats fred, have fun! :party0031:

·
Registered
18 Posts
This little girl has had a hard life of late, I'll completely agree. Love that good 'ole "tuck and roll". White would be my pick, but if she's lived in Florida it could have been a plus, when that sun beats in.
I join the applause, you've taken on quite the project. Its all worth it for "the cause".

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Looks good to me Fred....:)
but of course I am biased towards the 56's !

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How does this compare to the sedan delivery in terms of less work?

From this distance it is hard to tell.
I don't recall ever saying that this car will be "less work".It also need lottsa work but different kinda work.
Let me again tell you what the new owner is going to do w/the SD. Body off,put on a rotisserie,new Complete floor,new dash,new roof,new glass,new paint,new frame, etc,etc,etc.
He has several parts car so its easier for him to come up w/parts.
If you've been following me w/the sedan delivery you know that every part was a struggle.Chevrolet150 has the knowledge,time & money to do what I couldnt do.
Sometimes you have to do whats good for the car no matter how much you like it just like in every aspect of adult life.Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts