Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to install the driveshaft and I'm not happy about the yoke depth. I would like to get another 3/4-1" and there is no way to do it without making the driveshaft longer.

Anything to take more time and cost more money.....

Don

Attachments

·
Administrator
66,133 Posts
If you get the tailshaft lengthened it will have to be rebalanced.

Is that a standard length you have?

You dont have many choices either the trans goes back & you know what that means or you stretch the tailshaft :anim_25:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good question....

Can you buy a longer yoke?
I thought of that but I'm not sure what's available. I have a 700R4 trans and I believe the yolk may be the same as a 350 turbo. I will have to do some searching.

Thanks
Don

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Why not search around for a longer driveshaft?:anim_25:

:bowtieb::bowtier::bowtieb::bowtier::bowtieb:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Check also where the splines start inside the yolk. They are not all splined full length and you may have even less engagement than it would appear from your photo.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am starting to find different length yokes on the innerweb.

It's a 27 spline and I believe that is somewhat common to several applications. I believe it is the same as Muncie, Saginaw, BW, and some others.

What I have now is a nice balanced 4-1/2" shaft the PO put some bucks in with the Spicer joints and it is all brand new. The last two shafts I had made were over $500 each. I'm trying to avoid that this time.

I am going to the local NAPA today and a friends shop that does not throw anything away.

Don

1 - 11 of 11 Posts