Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was trying to adjust my deck lid as I had just put the tail pan in. I thought of how to do this on the latch. So..... I crawled through the back of the car, over the rear seat brace, and had my wife on the outside of the car with a screwdriver in the lock mechanism, so I could weld the latch to the pan. (Did I say that she doesn't care what I do with cars, she just doesn't want to help).
As I crawled through dragging my MIG lead, I twisted on the brace and cracked a rib. Not the first one, but I forgot how painful they really are.
She opened the trunk and let me out. Then,,,, it finally dawned on me that I could just get in the trunk from the outside of the car, with a flashlight, close the lid, do what I need and get out the same way, as the screwdriver works from the inside too.
The bad part is I have done this on a half dozen other cars and don't know why I forgot it this time. I'm sure I won't forget again.
Terry

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Ouch!

Ive done things like that too...I trapped a HD jack handle under the bumper of my car only a few hours later did I realize, hey use another jack to free up the other one.....:sign0020:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.