Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am all for safety, beleive me, but -
Could someone explain. I have read countless postings of all the dangers of using body LEAD, never ever sand or grind it bla bla bla. I know if you try to sell a home with possible exsposed LEAD based paint you can have a big problem. If lead is so dangerous why is it when a person is shot often times the bullet is just left in? Our vise president just shot an old guy in the face with a shotgun for gods sake & the bb's where left there. Any ideas?
DONZIE

·
Administrator
9,086 Posts
The BB's are usually copper, and where was the secret service when Cheeney shot that guy, don't they know when someone is close to the vice president, or did they say pull and the lawyer ran out and said quak quak

I agree with you on the lead issue, because all car batteries are made of lead, fishing wiegths are made of lead and diver weight belts have lead in them, etc etc.

And aren't all the bullets most of our weapons use lead bullets. or lead bullets coated with copper etc.

So good question?

Otis

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lead

Hi, Yes you are right about lead in the form of sinkers etc - however the problem is when you sand or grind lead you need to wear a good quality face mask as it is the lead powder generated in this process that is posionious -(continued exposure over time) lead filling and filing is not new - guess we just know more about the dangers these days.
Cheers Neville.

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Just a little tip. If your working an area that has lead and you need to remove it, take a hand held propane torch and heat it up. When it runs out, wire brush the area to get the most of it off. When done doing that if you need to remove the rest, your safe to sand or grind it off, however do wear a mask. I think the real danger in lead is doing it very often. I have been doing this for 35 years and haven't done enough to be in any danger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts