Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving the 56 daily cause its all I got running right now. Without any door panels, it had a few air leaks coming in on me from the doors! I had bought seats from a 2000 Chrysler Concord to put in my 55 last winter. I had also bought 5 yards of matching material from Detroit, 1/4 in. foam, and a few yards of black vinyl to make my door panels. All this interior stuff has been stored in my spare bedroom. I have my original seats for the 56 getting reupholstered but it has not been started on yet. I decided to go ahead and use the Chrysler seats for now until the original 56 seats are finished. I will install the Chrysler stuff in my 55 when I get it painted this spring. I had some scrap pieces of masonite, so I used it for door panel boards. I'm trying to NOT spend money right now so I'm using what I got laying around. Here is one of my rear door panels. I used black carpet on the bottom because they are seperate pieces and I like the look. I'm NOT an upholsterer but I try!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Lookin' good. Is the rear sit a fairly good fit or does it take some work to make it fit right?

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It takes alot of work mainly on the bottom. A rod has to be removed and the foam has to be sanded down for the driveshaft tunnel.

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have many clips for the panels so I rationed them for the upper sections only. I used black screws in the carpeted bottom sections. I need to paint my window garnish mouldings. I actually impressed myself!

·
Premium Member
16,157 Posts
The panel & the seat looks great! I do have a question though, How do you get out of the back seat if the door is closed? :hmmmm2:

-Bruce

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bruce, I shaved the outside rear door handles. You push down on the door lock and the door opens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts