Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
R.I.P. 3-19-2017
15,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy howdy I sure found out how bad my Macafee virus protection was. I logged on Trifive on early friday and noticed some strange pop ups that said i had a virus. I shut the system down and brought it to my buddy who cleaned it all up and when I got it back I went back on Trifive and got it again. I wasn't sure before that just where it had come from.I hope that there is a special place in hell for the idiots that generate viruses. I never understood that malicious mindset to hurt people you don't even know. I am back with a new and hopefully improved virus protection. Rant over.

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
Not at all.

There are only two kinds of computer users:

Those with robust virus/internet security protection,

and those without.

I am fortunate to know some IT folks who share their experience with us. It is a shame that cyber-society is in such a sad shape, but a few well spent dollars for comprehensive protection is sure worth it to me.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Boy howdy I sure found out how bad my Macafee virus protection was. I logged on Trifive on early friday and noticed some strange pop ups that said i had a virus. I shut the system down and brought it to my buddy who cleaned it all up and when I got it back I went back on Trifive and got it again. I wasn't sure before that just where it had come from.I hope that there is a special place in hell for the idiots that generate viruses. I never understood that malicious mindset to hurt people you don't even know. I am back with a new and hopefully improved virus protection. Rant over.
Sorry to hear about that John. In a way, I'm glad I don't know who does things like that, because if did, I would probably get in trouble for what I would do to them.:sign0020:

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
Any type of virus can at any time infect even the most well protected system. It's dependent upon how NEW the virus is and where on the food chain your unit is before an update occurs with a new definition/file to protect it from said virus. No one is impenetrable, no one. If your system is of use to those that intend to do harm to or to use your system for a purpose of no good to others, it will be used without regard to you or others in their path. A SCUMBAG IS A SCUMBAG REGARDLESS OF HIS CLOTHING OR MANNER.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
My anti-virus software has blocked 81 potentially malicious incoming connections since June 1st. Make sure you keep your anti-virus software updated or it can't do it's job.

Read up on Social Engineering if you want to hear some scary stuff...the crooks are getting really, really smart and brazen.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I noticed this morning when I tried to log on,,the site was very very slow to the point of almost no action,,,
Looks like Otis is going to have to do something different.
I use the AVG pro and so far have been lucky in not catchin anything ( knocking on wood very hard):flag6:

·
Registered
1955 210 SERIES, 406 DUAL QUAD ENGINE WITH MUNCIE 4 SPEED
4,493 Posts
You would think with today's technology more would be done to identify these folks. I cant believe it is all coming out of third world countries

·
Administrator
50,547 Posts
I noticed this morning when I tried to log on,,the site was very very slow to the point of almost no action,,,
Looks like Otis is going to have to do something different.
Patience is a virtue. We are still running on the temporary server while Otis and the techs are cleaning up the regular server.
Terry

·
RIP 02-03-2022
50,809 Posts

Had to have mine "cleaned" about 3 or 4 weeks ago....know how you feel. :anim_25:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
FYI the two top rated anti virus software are #1 Bitdefender Anti Virus Plus 2013 and #2 is Kaspersky anti virus. I am using a PC in answer to someones question.
Yeah John, it was me with the question. I was wondering who all has the problems. I am using a Mac. I didn't want to go Mac, but my PCs just dont last that long. Sure, I had some software protect, but I never seem to get the right one. You have one and somebody always will come up and say you need the other. So ,I say the HECK with I'll get a Mac. My kids all have Macs and they're a Videographer and the other is Web Page Designer. I dont really know what their Technical titles are ,but they all have Macs in their business. I have had very good luck with mine. <<<BUT>>> if the hackers decide to after them they can do it. So I'll just bide my time.:sign0020:

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.