Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a black and yellow garden spider that was on the side of my garage today. They are not aggressive nor poisonous, but creepy as heck. I hate spiders...especially big ones and this one was over 2 inches long.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
eeeeek!

I can handle snakes, rats and most other wildlife but spiders give me the heebie-jeebies!:creep: I had one like that run up my arm when I was 12 years old as I was stealing some bananas from an open box-car. Never stole anything since and have been deathly afraid of spiders since then also. I'm glad God punished me for that but I would have preferred a bad banana over the spider thing!:) JIM.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I thought i was the only one scared of spiders....lol
When i was a kid i was visiting my uncle in Arizona and he had some black widows in a jar he had caught, it wasnt an hour after that one chopped on my aunt while she was walking across her shag carpet since then no spiders for me....

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I had one of these very spiders in my car once. I'd bought a '57 front fender at a swap meet. With no place to store the fender while we did several other things at the swap meet, I placed the fender inside my 1977 2-door Dodge Diplomat. When I got home I removed the fender from the trunk and began cleaning the car out. I spotted something weird in a bag in the back seat. I threw the bag out and the spider fell out of the bag. It didn't live long after that. But it scared the :eek: out of me it was in my car during the drive home.

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
After having one of these as a pet, I lost the fear for spiders.
He was actually a very kind fellow... very quiet though... ;)
As long as he got a mouse now and then he was happy

:) :)

·
Registered
66,314 Posts
spiders and wasps, can't stand them. :viking:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
CREEEEPY!

That big spider is creeeepy and then some:eek: Later, Dave

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
i do not want ant part of spiders .i hate them and i need to craw under my house to run some new duct work for my ac.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Are you kidding me?

My son in law has served two tours of duty in Iraq. Here are a Iraqi Camel Spider pictures. The colorful one must be the female. Very nasty bite:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Thanks a pant-load for posting that picture---I won't sleep at all tonight!:eek: But DO thank your son-in-law for his service:fahne19:. Those boys are truly warriors.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
My grandfather had a lot of those spiders around his house in the country. I remember running into their webs when I was a kid and being scared shxxless that one of these spiders was on me somewhere. We used to call them banana spiders because of the long body with yellow. These guys make very large webs.

·
Registered
219 Posts
When I was in PR, the residents were catching tarantulas by taking a 2 litre coke bottle, filling it with water, and turning it upside down into holes in the ground. The water would run in the hole, the spider would crawl into the bottle... didn't take GI's long to realize that urine after a few beers would cause the same effect. We terrorized a colony for days lol.

Just out of curiosity, I had to cut the fangs out of one, and lemme tell ya, a spider with fangs almost the size and shape of cat claws is NOT something I want mad at me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts