Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With out getting to political, I hate what is going on in D.C. Like in the old movie time to vote for "None of the above"

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I agree.....:flag6:

·
Registered
37,236 Posts
I disagree. Do your homework on your voting, especially in the primaries. There is hope. Incumbents should not get the "benefit of the doubt".

·
Premium Member
14,034 Posts
I disagree. Do your homework on your voting, especially in the primaries. There is hope. Incumbents should not get the "benefit of the doubt".
the incumbents should get the boot.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Let's just hope the voters don't forget what is going on. We seem to have very short memories at times. This bickering could cost those of us that are basically innocent to get screwed.

·
Registered
379 Posts
New Times

Sounds like some of ya'll like the government to run your business. IE medical, everybody has same income with only a few exceptions, take your guns and soon our classics will be identified as a culpret to globel warming. I do not care for shutting down the government but seems we are in first phase of loosing all or for now some of our rights. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Sounds like some of ya'll like the government to run your business. IE medical, everybody has same income with only a few exceptions, take your guns and soon our classics will be identified as a culpret to globel warming. I do not care for shutting down the government but seems we are in first phase of loosing all or for now some of our rights. Just my thoughts.
You sound like someone that lives day to day without any investments. I might be wrong, but if you did, I don't believe you would like to see the Gov shut down.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Let's just hope the voters don't forget what is going on. We seem to have very short memories at times. This bickering could cost those of us that are basically innocent to get screwed.
Getting screwed,man we've been getting screwed so long we can't even feel it anymore.

You still think we have intellegent voters in this country, my god man look what our intellegent voters put into office.It's only going to get worse, get prepared.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
You sound like someone that lives day to day without any investments. I might be wrong, but if you did, I don't believe you would like to see the Gov shut down.
The Gov. shut it down what's it done for the real american.And by the way if it did shut down anything that matters will still be funded..And when this gov does go bankrupt, all us investers will loose those investments, the gov. will take those investments.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I think it's getting very close to hope being not enough.

·
Registered
37,236 Posts
I assume you guys when talking about investments are talking about your retirement funds.

First off, a short government shutdown won't affect your investments, they will recover unless there's some other fundamental reason for them not to recover.

Second, think twice about the "essential" vs. the "non essential" government functions. Maybe the "non essential" cuts should be long term not short term.

Third, as far as your investments long term, think about what policies preserve those.

Good luck and make wise choices.

·
Registered
379 Posts
govt

ausum55 I do live off investments and have for seven years. but have survived by living within the results of those investments and making right decisions. There are a lot of politians not looking out for some of us and wanting to take care of some that are not to worried about taking care of themselves as long as they have essentials including big screen, cell phone, you get the picture!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I'm not so worried about the investments with this go around it's the debt ceiling battle that will really hurt investments. It's time for another "Boston tea party" and this time throw the tea party out.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
If a government shutdown impacts the economy it has gotten too BIG.

And "nonessential" workers seems like a paradox to me.

Don

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Sounds like its not only in Washington where bad decisions are made
I agree! All we need to do is look in the mirror to see the person to blame for this situation. It did not happen over night. It started 50-60 years ago and slowly got worse. We helped it along by not voting or not paying attention to what the candidates were saying. Then when they were elected we let them stay there.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.