Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of them is that I dont like feeling closed in so every now & then when its cool enough I leave the door in my bedroom open and sometimes my front door.
I used to do this all the time in New Hampshire & never had a problem but now I live in Florida and should know better.
I heard a rattling in the kitchen & found this baby Opossum trying to help itself to Dog,s food.Darn good thing it wasnt a snake..
I put a coupla pieces of dog food in a large dog food bag and a coupla hours later I heard it rattle.I grabbed the top of the bag and took the trespasser outside & let it go.If it were bigger,I would be eatin' possum belly for tonights dinner..
I will no longer leave my doors open !!!!!:sign0020:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Be careful!

Be careful not to corner one of those guys Fred. We had one get into our garage awhile back and worked him into a corner--he bowed up like a velociraptor:character0029:---mean dudes! Scared the snot outa me. :ahhhhh: JIM.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Fred, Your prob lucky it wasn't a gator:eek: Later, Dave

·
Registered
943 Posts
fred i had one that came around every night about 6 oclock for the longest time eating my dogs food well the dog turned up missing so i just kept feeding the oposum that thing got so fat it looked like a ball with a tail:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
If my wife found it, we would have a new pet:sign0020:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
They love to eat the apples off the ground at our place. They don't bother anything around here,,,now coons,,different story. They tear everything up and then cr^p in it. They have a life expectancy of 5 minutes around here (pop-pop-pop,good night) . They make a REAL mess of a car.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
RACOONS

Our School busses are normally parked in our lot which is close to the river and on the edge of a timbered area making it an ideal place for racoons look for goodies... When we are trained they instruct us not to leave anything edible or wrappers from any kind of food or candy even if it's in the waste basket... It hasn't happened to me yet but the little masked bandits have learned how to pull open our service doors and come on in and make themselves at home... They like to thank you by jumping up in a seat to releive themselves... I have learned not to sit until the bus is running and all of the interior lights are on... We had one driver last year that still had a racoon on the bus as she was doing an early morning pre-trip walk through inspection and it startled her so much that she fell out of the rear emergency door and was injured... Another Winter morning I saw fresh tracks in the snow and saw my door was open so I walked to the rear and opened my emergency door so the racoon could escape if he was still there, but he wasn't... Upon further inspection there were Halls cough drop wrappers on my drivers seat but no doo doo... My lucky day;) Later, Dave

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I was sure you going to say there was a gator or huge snake in there:eek:

·
Registered
103 Posts
My brother had a skunk stealing his dog's food. He stayed up one night to catch him, thinking it was a raccoon and he ran out with a broom. It scared the skunk and it ran between his legs spraying the whole time. He now feeds them inside, the dog's not the skunks.

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My brother had a skunk stealing his dog's food. He stayed up one night to catch him, thinking it was a raccoon and he ran out with a broom. It scared the skunk and it ran between his legs spraying the whole time. He now feeds them inside, the dog's not the skunks.
:sign0020::sign0020::sign0020::sign0020::sign0020:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Our School busses are normally parked in our lot which is close to the river and on the edge of a timbered area making it an ideal place for racoons look for goodies... When we are trained they instruct us not to leave anything edible or wrappers from any kind of food or candy even if it's in the waste basket... It hasn't happened to me yet but the little masked bandits have learned how to pull open our service doors and come on in and make themselves at home... They like to thank you by jumping up in a seat to releive themselves... I have learned not to sit until the bus is running and all of the interior lights are on... We had one driver last year that still had a racoon on the bus as she was doing an early morning pre-trip walk through inspection and it startled her so much that she fell out of the rear emergency door and was injured... Another Winter morning I saw fresh tracks in the snow and saw my door was open so I walked to the rear and opened my emergency door so the racoon could escape if he was still there, but he wasn't... Upon further inspection there were Halls cough drop wrappers on my drivers seat but no doo doo... My lucky day;) Later, Dave
WOW Dave,,,,I never heard of that but it sure makes sence.
They've climbed my beams in the barn and tore through my roof,pushed parts off the shelf in the old barn and broken them,knocked over a hood and damaged that,ripped insulation out of my wash booth. They do a lot of damage around here. In fact,after they knocked over the hood to my 57,,I have no problem eliminating them.
I used to think they were 'cute' until I found out that they are nasty,disgusting animals that are very strong,very inteligent and if 'backed up',,very mean ,,,but if shot between the eyes,,,,very dead He-He.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts