Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called in search of good used complete doors for my Hardtop. He did'nt have any that were in great shape and complete, but that was the first time that I've called a business and met the owner over the phone...seemed like a super nice guy. I enjoyed talking with him.

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
Most if not all have these stupid answering loop phone systems, you know the ones I mean, press 1 for ............ so on & so on

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
:):tu Owner personally answering calls has always impressed me. Have spoken with the late Joe Mondello, Jay Ivey (SCCA carb builder), Jon Hardgrove (carb builder), Harold Brookshire (cam designer, owned UltraDyne), one of Ed Iskendarian's sons, Stu Hilborn's daughter, Jack Clifford (Clifford Research specializing in inline 6's) and others over the years.

Best regards,

Harry

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
John Chambers = very nice fella
I've known john for the last 45 years...i ask him last month if he still had his blue 55 nomad...he flew off into the dark, in traverse city mich, those many years ago,to round up another bearing for me,in his garage,... when my 57 front left bearing tried to exit stage left.I used the wrong grease and the 57 still went down the e-way 70 mph for over 3 hours. bob s

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Press O for operator.

Most if not all have these stupid answering loop phone systems, you know the ones I mean, press 1 for ............ so on & so on
My Dad referred to those machines as Telephone Defense Systems.

And yes, it is good when the boss is engaged in his or her business.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
I have nothing but Good to say about John Chambers, and i highly recommend him for your search of trifive parts, even if he does not have your part he is a great guy to talk with jmo.

·
Registered
511 Posts
John runs a one man operation out of his home. The back yard is full of parts (Glendale Arizona). He's been doing it for years. Knows a lot.
Sharkey!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts