Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:cool0012: It's not working for me! Maybe someone can help me out! The Craiglist add in North Jersey reads (1957 NOMAD 600 orig miles - fuel injected)
Thanks , Frank

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Not for me this time. Mike

·
Registered
67,713 Posts
that is a nice one. don't know if I buy the 600 mlies though. :confused0006:

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
What about the one of three with fuel injection. And when did Chevrolet have an orange color like that is 57? If that is Sierra Gold that is the worst picture of that color i have ever seen.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
:)Jon, I found the 1 of 3 numbers very hard to believe also .The color it looks sort of like the Chevy Burnt Orange that came out in about 1969 ?
:bowtieb: Frank

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
Hey Frank when someone makes claims like that which are almost impossible to prove it just makes me very suspicious about the whole sale. If this car is as claimed, why paint it a non stock color? From the looks of it , it is a very nice Nomad just not sure it is as advertised.

·
Registered
8,875 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
My guess is that it's just a crappy photo of the color red. But I'd also think if the 600 original miles is verifiable, it would go for a lot more than $90,000 ...more like some outrageous "Barrett-Jackson-Scottsdale saturday night" price.

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
Looks like the lighting has changed the color, would have to have pretty solid documentation supplied for that price :)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
looks like bad lighting with matador red to me. the 600 miles documented might be just as hard to prove as the fuel injection. I heard there were 90 nomad fuelies, then another source said 15-18, so its all over the place. if its the real deal, that's one hell of a car!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
My guess is that it's just a crappy photo of the color red. But I'd also think if the 600 original miles is verifiable, it would go for a lot more than $90,000 ...more like some outrageous "Barrett-Jackson-Scottsdale saturday night" price.
You got that right Milt.

I know of at least three other 57 FI nomads from back in the 80's.

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
I also have a original 468 B.B. 57 Nomad in my garage with only 600 original miles on it for sale...

and if you believe that, i also have ocean front property for sale in Truckee Ca. :sign0020:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
90k firm! how much do you still like it?
Awww..that's chicken feed..just write him a check...:sign0020::sign0020:

but seriously, 90 large?...Is he able to document the 600 miles on the speedo? If it's real, then the motor needs a rebuild...JMHO....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts