Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My good friend has me on the top of the to go guys if he cant be contacted by phone in case of a break in by his alarm co.Well the call comes in just after 5PM by the alarm co. and they cannot reach my friend(who is a Vietnam Vet. and has been robbed before and has several handguns locked in a safe)I call him on his cell and he is one hour away.I proceed to his property within 5 minutes.We live in an area with large homes on 5-20 acres.I hide my truck and go to where the alarm co. says the motion detector went off.I see no breach and walk the property to see if any other windows are broken or doors and find nothing.I call my friend and tell him the update and he says he is 20 minutes away and to go home. When he gets home he calls me to say the Police are next door with the neighbor who reported two young males had driven their car in an obscure area of their property(hidden by bushes and trees) and quickly asked if their truck was for sale and then sped off confirming their alibi.Too many of us Florida counties are plagued with "Pillow Case Burglars".I have no gun and was careful when reviewing the scene yet had no idea they were hiding in the bushes so close to me.The Cops typically take their time in these scenarios hence the reason why I left the scene not knowing the perps. were close to me and me not knowing the cops were on there way and the alarm co. did`nt know.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Wow...you did help your friend out! Be careful down there, don't want to see you on the news!

·
Registered
283 Posts
You're lucky!

. Glad you had no trouble there. Dangerous what you did. You are a good friend to do that. :congrats:

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
57 You did a good thing for your friend. Glad it worked out well.

I have to say this though because I don't want to see you get hurt. Always remember, the Police arriving don't know who you are and could very easily take you for the intruder. Never have anything in your hands, flashlight, phone etc. Just trying to take care of you because accidents do happen. So really be on the lookout for the bad guys and the good guys.

Once again, glad it worked out well.:flag6: Blake

·
Registered
67,788 Posts
get a 12ga. :tu

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
57 You did a good thing for your friend. Glad it worked out well.

I have to say this though because I don't want to see you get hurt. Always remember, the Police arriving don't know who you are and could very easily take you for the intruder. Never have anything in your hands, flashlight, phone etc. Just trying to take care of you because accidents do happen. So really be on the lookout for the bad guys and the good guys.

Once again, glad it worked out well.:flag6: Blake
If ever I was approached by an officer in any scenario I would do exactly what they ask.Been there done that as a kid.Having bullets whistle by my ears and pistols against my skull got old real quick as a kid living on the streets of Jersey.I arm myself with information when I go to my friends house as this was not the first time I had to respond to the alarm company's call.My friend and his wife spend a lot of time away from their home.I have the key and password for the alarm.I do not own or carry a gun.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
If ever I was approached by an officer in any scenario I would do exactly what they ask.Been there done that as a kid.Having bullets whistle by my ears and pistols against my skull got old real quick as a kid living on the streets of Jersey.I arm myself with information when I go to my friends house as this was not the first time I had to respond to the alarm company's call.My friend and his wife spend a lot of time away from their home.I have the key and password for the alarm.I do not own or carry a gun.
Pardon me, Just trying to help. Blake

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,749 Posts
Good thing you did for your buddy Tim.....Glad nothing happened to you in the process my friend. :shakehands:

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Born to run....my friend it is time to arm yourself in a state that started in first with CCW's!
Dont want to see some holes in you...if you dont want to be armed all the time...at least whenever you're friend calls on you...you can have it on you to protect yourself when you're in danger.

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, That's why I have that perspective. When you hid your truck....Just be Safe.
I hid my truck in case they had a look out guy and snuck up to the screened in porch in the back of the house where the motion detector went off.I`m thinking if they got a guy he will be looking out the front of the house.For all I knew the wind set it off and had no idea they were hiding next door.This news came to me latter after I left and did not know the cops were called by the neighbor.My Buddy does not lock the porch door because the last time he got robbed he had to replace the door as well as the glass door they broke.I now know to be more cautious but I have been called several times in the past for his separate garage and found nothing.The alarm co. replaced the wiring and no problems since.In hind sight maybe I should have met the Police there as I have in the past($25 fee) but it took them a good while to show up and his Wife was anxious for info. yesterday.:p3:

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Born to run....my friend it is time to arm yourself in a state that started in first with CCW's!
Dont want to see some holes in you...if you dont want to be armed all the time...at least whenever you're friend calls on you...you can have it on you to protect yourself when you're in danger.
Legally I can not and morally I will not carry a firearm.The crime rate where I live has been low until recently with these burglaries.(Plus I have been told that sometimes I can be mentally unstable. :sign0020:)

·
Registered
961 Posts
Last I heard...

Good thing you didn't come across some fool in a hoodie. You might have been walking in Zimmermans shoes.
Zimmerman's alive. And he is still able to face his trials & tribulations. If he'd not been armed, who knows? That is a tragically sad situation to both families involved.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Legally I can not and morally I will not carry a firearm.The crime rate where I live has been low until recently with these burglaries.(Plus I have been told that sometimes I can be mentally unstable. :sign0020:)
Better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

1 - 20 of 20 Posts