Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'll be posting an update on my car a bit later, but I need your help with something that's been eating at me.

After I finally decided to go with a darker red metallic based on the 2013 Cadillac red with an India Ivory roof, I've been debating whether I want more of a classic look with the ivory top, or if it should be more of a kustom/hot rod look with all red. The only reason I'm thinking about the white top is that I think it would look really good with the whitewall tires I ordered from Coker (and expecting to be delivered within the next hour). That being said, can you all give me your opinions as to whether I should have the roof painted white or ditch it in favor of an all metallic red finish?

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
Since your not going with original colors anyway how about a pearl in the roof color? There are some really nice off white pearls for stock factory colors. i would vote for the two tone.

·
Registered
67,738 Posts
I think if your going to ww, two tone would be a better fit. :)

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I agree, a two tone job makes the ww's pop!! However, this is one of my favorite cars w/ww's and it's a single color. However, I think the black wheels help pull off the look!!

Greg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
If its a 57, I think it would look good. Don`t know about 55-56. :anim_25: bowtie-trifive :gba:

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
If its a 57, I think it would look good. Don`t know about 55-56. :anim_25: bowtie-trifive :gba:
Assumed it was '57 ... don't know for sure!!!

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Assumed it was '57 ... don't know for sure!!!
Sorry, forgot to mention it's a '55 Bel Air 4 door. I went with a darker shade of metallic red so as to hide the panel gaps. It's similar in color to the solid red metallic '57 above, and it will have more of a lowered kustom flavor to it. Originally the car was Skyline blue with an India Ivory roof. The color is the same as on my wheels below. I do like the idea of a pearl white top though.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Sorry, forgot to mention it's a '55 Bel Air 4 door. I went with a darker shade of metallic red so as to hide the panel gaps. It's similar in color to the solid red metallic '57 above, and it will have more of a lowered kustom flavor to it. Originally the car was Skyline blue with an India Ivory roof. The color is the same as on my wheels below. I do like the idea of a pearl white top though.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree, a two tone job makes the ww's pop!! However, this is one of my favorite cars w/ww's and it's a single color. However, I think the black wheels help pull off the look!!

Greg
That looks really sharp. My wheels will be the same red metallic but I think it will make the whitewalls stand out even that much more.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Do what you want. To me, these cars are all about two tone paint and chrome! The solid one color cars give them a more modern look in my opinion.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I like either way, pretty much no matter what the color combo.
But since you mentioned a lowered kustom flavor, I think if it's low enough that top of the front tires are significantly hidden, I'd lean toward the solid color to keep the car looking leaner.
Seems like a white top on a really low Tri Five sticks out more and makes the profile look more tall and chunky, not as much long and sleek.
I like the solid chunky profile, but I think the darker top would look more kustom with a low stance.

·
Registered
899 Posts
how about a tan or cream color. some shades of tan really make the car look high class and expensive. jeff

·
Registered
299 Posts
Your wheels seem to approximate to a "burgundy," and it would seem the "crispness" of your color choice would benefit from a white that would balance or complement that "crispness."

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I think the white roof would look great.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts