Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And am reading some threads that say NO. I've driven my new baby about 500 miles since. Mention is also made of Rotella T which I use in my Honda Valkyrie (i use the T-Synthetic thereto). Shoul I get the Mobile One out of there and is the Rot-T Synthetic OK?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
the synthetic will dissapear on its own, i don't know where it goes but it goes
if you run it keep an eye on your dipstick. i would run the rotella
wayne

·
12,256 Posts
As long as you broke your engine in correctly or have roller lifters it should be ok.

What do you think is wrong with Mobil 1? Who says not to use it?

It comes from the factory in Corvettes and many other cars like Porsches. I love the stuff. I go 15K miles in my Porsche per the owner's manual and I never have to add oil. It starts when it's bitter cold outside...what's not to like?

I'll be using Mobil 1 in my 502.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i was once told... That you don't want to use Synthetic oil for the break in period, because the synthetic oil has VERY uniform molecules and they don't breakdown (or fracture) like standard oil. And during the break in period this can cause problems while the parts are "finding their gruve" so to speak. I personally use standard oil for the first 2000 miles and then switch to synthetic and never look back!!!! I don't know that any of this is true just what I have been told. I know that my 2001 Chevy (when I bought it) the dealer told me not to run synthetic for first 5000 miles, and then use it. Now my wife's mercedez came with Mobile one synthetic from the factory and they won't honor the warrantee on their engines unless you can prove that is the specific oil that has been used in the engine... Food for thought. I would get it out. Run cheap oil for break in, then run the good stuff... But you live and learn your own way...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts