Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
is that an assembly line car or an aftermarket?

·
Registered
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no idea but I'd like to know more. I did hear one rumor that that is an aftermarket bumper cover. I think the front end looks bad a$$ but the chrome rear bumper tacked on the modern rear end looks tacky.

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Camaro

Cool looks like a 68 or 69 grille in a newer Camaro with other mods. I like it. Mike

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
there is a company that makes retro noses (fire bird ,gto ,Camaro etc) to bolt on .I saw a few at SEMA last year

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,691 Posts
http://www.innovationretrokits.com/camaro51.html

New kit for giving your car the R/S headlight treatment. You can use this kit on all standard or Rally Sport 68 models. Kit includes; center grille plastic, top and bottom grille moldings, pair of headlight bezels, LH and RH headlight capsule assemblies, and grill screw hardware kit. To open and shut the headlight doors you will have to just "move by hand." You can add the rest of the correct components to make your RS grille operable at any time if desired.

NOTE: This kit is available with the grill and door facings in a solid black finish or you can upgrade to a black finish with chrome accents. Please make your selection by choosing one of the options available from the drop-down menu on your screen.

·
Registered
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems Lingenfelter sells that kit and the unpainted peices to change just the front end over cost over 8 grand.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
front clip fix = step 1
step 2 fix, wow that's gonna be a BIG step LOL !

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
http://www.innovationretrokits.com/camaro51.html

New kit for giving your car the R/S headlight treatment. You can use this kit on all standard or Rally Sport 68 models. Kit includes; center grille plastic, top and bottom grille moldings, pair of headlight bezels, LH and RH headlight capsule assemblies, and grill screw hardware kit. To open and shut the headlight doors you will have to just "move by hand." You can add the rest of the correct components to make your RS grille operable at any time if desired.

NOTE: This kit is available with the grill and door facings in a solid black finish or you can upgrade to a black finish with chrome accents. Please make your selection by choosing one of the options available from the drop-down menu on your screen.

This pic looks pretty slick!!! :tu:tu:tu

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Camaro

I like it. Mike

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
From what I understand visibility is difficult to the rear passenger side on the new Camaros.I think Dodge and Ford have better designs on their Retro cars.My 69, 78 and 81 Camaros look better than the new ones.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
From what I understand visibility is difficult to the rear passenger side on the new Camaros.I think Dodge and Ford have better designs on their Retro cars.My 69, 78 and 81 Camaros look better than the new ones.
Not my choice on years for favorite 1st or 2nd gen Camaros, but I agree Ford and Dodge kicked their @$$ in styling dept.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just vomited in my mouth. Just when I thought the new Camaro couldn't get any uglier, someone HAD to go and prove me wrong.

Hideous.

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
I just vomited in my mouth. Just when I thought the new Camaro couldn't get any uglier, someone HAD to go and prove me wrong.

Hideous.
The design was born out of a contest held by GM executives.

·
Registered
172 Posts
And that rolling abortion actually won?? What kind of awful contest was it? Not one I'd be proud to win, that's for sure.

That doesn't bode well for the brain trust at GM.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts