Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
FOR SURE!

I don't use them and have not in a very loooong time. They have NOTHING that can't be purchased elsewhere and usually at a better price.
Especially, when you get hit w/ a "frt charge" of $35, for some small nuts, screws, etc.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Agree,,

long....

I previously purchased Corvette parts from Eckler's for many years, until about 2000. I bought and sold Corvette several times a year, it got to be a habit where each Vette I purchased was a better car, but they always seems to need something. In those days Eckler's Vette parts were always very good quality, their Sales & Support was fantastic. They gave me good discounts.

I had just purchased a C4 Convert from a friend, he lost the engine, So I gutted this car, running gear, interior,,, etc.

I ordered the Flex Fiberglass bumper covers, ZR1 front and rear tail lamp housing assemblies, new leather oem seats covers (with molded foam),their best carpets, a new Convert top w glass, full set of weather stripping, suspension parts, and etc. The parts were ordered pretty much in one week, but on several different invoices - too keep tract of all the items.

The leather seats where GM oem and perfect, but the flex fiberglass bumper covers where a mess. The covers and tail lamp boxes were placed in a long box with Zero packing material. This long box was tapped shut and stapled. The staples scratched the bumper covers and the bouncing around resulted in a deep scratches in the Gel Coat of every surface.

I called Eckler's and of course we went trough the dozens of emails, photos and continued stalls for nearly a month for not a refund, but replacement parts. Nothing but excuses.

I was pretty frustrated so I went to my Bank, spoke with the manager, she managed asked me to bring in my emails. The short story is she had my debt card charges reversed and cash back in my account

I was looking for another vendor for bumper covers, but no luck.Luckily a friend of mine occupation was fiberglass repair and maintenance on small boats and yachts, he was truly amazing. He repaired the Gel Coat on both bumper covers. Too this day these covers are still straight and no sigh of any repairs.

Oddly enough Eckler's called me weeks later to Dunn me for more money for the leather seat covers. Someone made an error in the pricing, for re-pops and they wanted me to pay for their error. Ya, you know what I told them....

Was a big delay and lots of frustration that could have easily been avoided.

I still have this old Vette, less than 10k miles on here since the resto. A blast to drive.

These Forums are a great tool and learning experience. Some Vendors still haven't figured out that quality, and good old honesty is important.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Especially, when you get hit w/ a "frt charge" of $35, for some small nuts, screws, etc.
Funny you mention that...I remember the last time I considered purchasing from them, mainly because their prices seemed reasonable plus they were running some sort of promotion.

Filled my cart then went to checkout and the shipping charges were going to be some gawdawful huge amount that basically wiped out any savings I may have gotten.

I hate those bait-and-switch shenanigans. That pretty much soured me on them, and I haven't been back since.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Nothing changes.
Yes, I wonder why the owners keep them on the forum.
Don't think they have contributed anything for a long time.

I've mentioned before that if you do deal with them, use Paypal. I posted some comments probably a year ago of how I got a Paypal refund, and it was to my benefit, not theirs. :) And with their great customer service, they did not bother to contact me. Their loss, my gain.:)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Seems their Parent Company (Harbor Freight) is doing well and look forward to their opening of their Chinese takeout available from the back of the store.LOL.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts