Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Got a query, wasn't sure where to put it, but seeing as it relates to my project, I thought I'd put it here.

I've just put (temporarily placed more like it) a new (modified for RHD) column shift ididit column in my 56 chev.

It looks like it needs a shim or something around it. Does the one for the original column fit this column? I don't remember seeing a shim in the box of goodies (but I may have missed it) and the car's at my friends place at the mo.

If I don't have the original shim (as the guy I bought the car from probably got rid of it with the original column), where would I get one from? Had a quick look on Danchuk's site the other day, and couldn't see what I was after there. I'm wanting to get a bunch of parts from the US of A real soon while the Aussie dollar is going so good.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that Don.

I think that may have been on the danchuk site too. It kinda looks familiar, but I think I was looking for something that was in the correct shape already. I guess it's time to convince the finance manager to allow some of these parts to make their way to Aus. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts