Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker first time poster. I was laid up with a bad knee and the kid wanted to start the 57 for a friend, unfortunately he put the battery in backwards :eek:and now I am trying to recover. Here is what I have 57 4dr sedan, SBC 350, Mallory unilite and Hyfire IV ignition, 3 wire alternator. I am checkking all my electrical in the car before I start repairs. The fusible link on the violet wire to solenoid is totally fried (as in evaporated). Green wire from ignition switch to ballast resistor has direct short 0 ohms to ground. Red wire from ignition switch reads 26 ohms to ground. Any ideas whether 26 ohms is normal or is my ignition switch going bad? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
The fusible link on the violet wire to solenoid is totally fried (as in evaporated). Green wire from ignition switch to ballast resistor has direct short 0 ohms to ground. Red wire from ignition switch reads 26 ohms to ground. Any ideas whether 26 ohms is normal or is my ignition switch going bad? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Welcome to TRI-FIVE!!!
What wiring harness/system do you have in the car? The violet wire originally never had a fuseable link. :confused0006:
Did you disconnect the green wire from both ends to measure the resistance?
The red wire from the ignition switch goes to the cigrette lighter, clock and fuse block that could be causeing the resistance.

68,758 Posts
:hello: hi walker and welcome. good to have you here. hope not to much damage. :anim_25:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts