Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a good thing it was dark in my garage a few days ago I put my key in started the car and realised later that it was in upside down. I tried my 66 Nova key and she started right away. It sounds like I could stick a screw driver in it and start it. Oh joy. I am putting a kill switch in the trunk this weekend where the battery is. Just a little added security since I don't have any in the ignition.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not a good thing it was dark in my garage a few days ago I put my key in started the car and realised later that it was in upside down. I tried my 66 Nova key and she started right away. It sounds like I could stick a screw driver in it and start it. Oh joy. I am putting a kill switch in the trunk this weekend where the battery is. Just a little added security since I don't have any in the ignition.
maybe time for a new switch

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
You can buy new switch-locks.I bought a couple
sets for both my '55 and '56 for $17.95 each.
Each set came with 2 keys.The key-way bezel
isn't contoured the same as the originals though.

·
Administrator
66,151 Posts
Dont panic, with 50 years of use you would expect the cyclinder to be a little worn, you`ll fnd alot of cyclinders that would need replacing :tu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts