Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a tri-five nut/builder for 30 years. I just recently found this site, and it's become my instant favorite site on the web. I have built a number of 55,56,57 Chevy's over the years and felt fairly knowledgible about them, but after spending time in the forums section here, I realized how much I didn't know. I am currently building a 55 h/t & 56 h/t (both pro-touring cars) and will be posting my questions often I'm sure.:happy0030:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! After reading many of the tech forums, I could tell there are many great people here eager to help & share.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Welcome to bowtie-trifive. That name pretty much describes us all...:happy0030:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome carnut$

:sign0016:
carnut$ to bowtie-trifive - my favorite as well. I been a fan of trifives since the early 1970s. Bought my 55 BelAir while in high school paid $175 for it, working part-time at a gas station making only $25 to $40 a week. Kept it all these years. It has been parked the last 15 years - doing another rebuild and this web site is a huge help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WIPEOUT!!!

I bought my first tri-five (56 h/t) in 1980 at age 15. I worked to get it ready for "cruising" for when I would turn 16. I turned 16 on a Monday, got my license on Tuesday, and got rearended by a drunk driver on Friday, wiping the car out. It was heart breaking, but never the less I was forever hooked on 55-57's. I plan to post some pictures of my current 55/56 projects, as well as the only photo I have of that initial '56 that got totaled as soon as I can.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:tobowtie-trifiveCarnut$:shakehands: :anim_25:with the projects... Later, Dave

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.