Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently purchased the window channel and felt kit for my 56 sedan,has anyone ever installed one of these kits,they don't come with very good directions,and there all straight pieces,can anybody point me in the right direction,Thanks Greg

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Greg, the straight pieces have to be shaped to the opening. I did mine by holding the channel in my hands and where it supposed to be bent, I put my thumbs together and gradually bent it a little at a time until I had the needed arch. Go slow and keep checking the piece against the opening or the old channel you removed to get the shape.

·
Administrator
49,668 Posts
I cheated and bought the pre-bent kit for the second rebuild of my 57. I haven`t gotten to the point of installing them yet but they have to be easier than the straight pieces. Terry.
http://members.cardomain.com/chevman57

·
Registered
10 Posts
Felt Channels

Greg,
As the other posts have stated you will have to take your time and bend the channels to the shape you need. If you still have the old ones you can use them as a guide. A note: when you attach the felt strips to the door on both sides of the door window glass use the staples to attach them by useing the old holes the staples were in for a pattern. I have seen some people that had put them on with pop rivets and believe me it was very visible. I know it would be easyer but please resist the temptation. Also when mounting these you may have to trim these strips to length (they will be longer). When you trim these just dont cut them to length, cut it but leave a short piece of stainless to bend down and finish off the trim. I have another set to put on myself
Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts