Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its official now. Austin Tx. will be my new home starting on Oct 17th!:happy0030:

No more midwest snow or ice. :wavey:

Anyone here live there?

·
Registered
37,006 Posts
You'll like Texas! The Austin area is especially good. The hill country is really great.

You'll be trading your winter weather for lot of extra summer. It rarely snows in Austin and an ice storm is as likely as snow. And it can get a little cold but it doesn't last but a day or two usually.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome to Texas!!! As Rick said, Austin is great. You also have easy access to San Antonio, Dallas and Houston with just a 2 to 3 hour drive.

Todd

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm in austin.... work here 4 days a week, live in a leander (just northwest of austin) maybe 15 minute drive. welcome to the neighborhood!

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
GOOD BYE

:anim_25:eek:n your move to the Lone Star State:vroam: Hope you found a place big enough to store your growing fleet... Later, Dave

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
Welcome to Texas - you'll like it here. I say that and a tornado just missed our house. Hope the folks North East of us are ok. Another one went through downtown Dallas at the same time.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys! I'm leaning toward living in Bastrop due to its location to the Airport. (That's where I'll be working). Might go down real soon for a house hunting trip.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hal,

A big howdy to ya, as the Aggies say. Bastrop is nice, there's a fella near there that has alot of tri-fives for parts. Austin is very nice place for Music and such, the river is a joy. Wimberley is a great place, look up the Blue hole there, it's gorgeous. The food is wonderful, lots of different foods to choose from.
You might not have winter, but we've got plenty of HEAT, more ways than one.
Enjoy, and God Bless on your move.
BH

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
WELCOME TO TEXAS

WELCOME TO TEXAS :sign0016: You are going to a wonderful area ("The Hill Country") if we ever leave East Texas (Tyler area) "The Hill Country" is our choice. You'll find the winters here quiet different to say the least. :sign0016:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So you guys are telling me Austin has four seasons right? Warm, Hot, Hotter and Hotest!!!!! Sounds like I'm gonna really like it down there.

What's with the lack of garages down there. I've been searching the net and I haven't found a single house that's For Sale that has a decent size garage. Everything is 2 car size. I need room for my "FLEET"....... Guess I'll have to build a big one again.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Welcome to Texas

I went to school in Austin, wish I never left. I'm a little jealous right now. Enjoy and get rid of your snow gear.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts