Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to do the console thing, so I would like to see pics and descriptions of the best way to go for an in-dash radio. I don't want to butcher the dash, so I need a good plan. Any ideas/pics?

Dave

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I have a 10 disk CD player under the front seat on Wifey's side:anim_47:Later, Dave

·
Registered
652 Posts
I highly, highly recommend not worrying about a CD playing and just getting an ipod. Any radio with a CD player will have to be installed somewhere else besides in the stock location. You can get aftermarket radios to go in the stock location that will have RCA outputs to hook up an ipod.

Brandon

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i have an ipod connected in my work car. no more CD's for me, that's for sure. my biggest issue with the aftermarket in-dash units is that most of them are such low power, and when you crank them up, you just get distortion. looks like some of the new ones are as high as 200 watts! guess that would do the trick, huh?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
:) Dave there are a couple of sponsors of this forum that sell radios for us Chevy owners, but they even talk about the Ipod as the new kid on the block. You might want to check out there sites.

Don, aka.....the hamsman

·
Registered
8 Posts
I stuck my AM/FM/HD/CD radio in the glovebox and it has a front USB port that I just hook my iPhone to. I have 3,000 watts and all you can see when everything is buttoned up is the stock radio and the two kick pannel speakers.

If I could figure out how to post pictures here I would show you mine.....update....here is an older pic (if this works) of what I have (I have since updated the head unit)

Goobs

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,057 Posts
I stuck my AM/FM/HD/CD radio in the glovebox and it has a front USB port that I just hook my iPhone to. I have 3,000 watts and all you can see when everything is buttoned up is the stock radio and the two kick pannel speakers.

If I could figure out how to post pictures here I would show you mine.....update....here is an older pic (if this works) of what I have (I have since updated the head unit)

Goobs
How about some more pics of your car Goobs ???:tu

·
Registered
8 Posts
How about some more pics of your car Goobs ???:tu
I just loaded some under my Album (I think) I am new and still learning what side is up her on the site.

I will try to get more up. I totaled it three years ago and built it up from a new frame all the way up. First time building a car, painting, bodywork, everything.....:party0031:

Here are a few pics.

Goobs

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
My stereo is in my glovebox too. I used two existing screws above the opening and fastened the stereo sliding frame to them. That way the unit slides back enough to close the glovebox door and still play a CD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts