Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our phone lines have been down for a couple of days due to theft of cable in the local telephone exchange, bit of a pain for me as I work from home and need the phones.

I called British Telecom, our phone supplier, and eventually managed to speak to an advisor in India - WHAT is THAT about - This guy was so dismissive and rude it is untrue, he could not tell me when the lines were to be repaired - or what is causing the delay - and could not / would not let me speak to anyone in the UK.

20 mins on my cellphone to India - End result - I am more irritated than before making the call to their HELPline !

If I ran my business like that - well you know the rest.

Rant Over.

·
Registered
37,987 Posts
Maybe in the UK, they instruct their India call center phone answer people to be dismissive and rude. The ones I've dealt with are the opposite - they are overly polite while giving you their non answer - and that sets me off too. The end result is similar.

The other thing about these kind of setups is that you without a doubt know that those people have not been given the resources, information, or skill to help you resolve your problem if their canned answer doesn't, and they never will be given those things, because the people that hire these kind of services want it that way.

68,758 Posts
thats one reason our president visited india, to check on our jobs. :hammer:

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
There is a Dish Network call center about 50 miles from here staffed with americans, the service out of them isn't much better... If they can't read it from the flow chart they can't help you...

·
Administrator
68,076 Posts
Did you say Indians :rolleye0009: thats what happens when cheap labour is farmed out of the country :banghead: so is the assistance you need :coffee:

·
Registered
185 Posts
55, we moved recently, and I must have made five calls to BT trying to sort out what cannot be a rare occurrence, namely setting up a new line at our new house.

In the end I made a 70-minute cellphone call (having by now moved, so we couldn't use the landline at the old house any more) to find out they had "lost" our application and because we had now cancelled the old contract (having moved out) we had to start all over again.

Now if there was a button on the phone you could press to send an electric shock through the person onthe other end ...

The trouble is everything now i s specified down to a price. Sometimes I would gladly pay more, just to get some service. But nobody seems to offer this model any more.

Cheers Tim

·
Registered
19,595 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
thats one reason our president visited india, to check on our jobs. :hammer:
The group that called my parents the other night must be part of the work group obama went to check on?

They wanted my parents credit card number and checking acc number.

They didn't get either!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts