1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
48,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
I/R like most of tool makers nowadays has different level tools, from 'hobby' to serious pro level tools. They all sell ALOT more tools that way, by riding the brand.

·
Administrator
48,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
820 Posts
That is with most manufacturers anymore. I noticed just about everything I/R at Tractor Supply is built in China. I for one, am willing to pay more for a premium built in the US product. Unfortunately, most buy strictly on price.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
That is with most manufacturers anymore. I noticed just about everything I/R at Tractor Supply is built in China. I for one, am willing to pay more for a premium built in the US product. Unfortunately, most buy strictly on price.
When you find one let everyone know

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I would prefer to buy a U.S.A. built tool.
Terry

So would I but I don't think you can find it However I have had good luck with all the compressors I have bought and they were all China.
My problem seems to be in finding quality air tools, ratchets mainle. The last coupls I bought at Home depot, which I thought might be better then Harbor freight but they have all been defective out of the box. Any ideas on where to buy quality air tools

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
I have had a 50-60 yr old Ingersoll Rand Compressor (two stage) in my shop for 40 yrs. It was used from a body shop when I bought it and put a new tank on it. I do not believe it was built in China... :)

·
Administrator
63,211 Posts
Most manufactured equipment now a days comes from China, if you can source out older tools by the same manufacture they would have been made with better quality parts that would have been sourced locally, in this case U.S.A

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Snap On..most of their tools (except some cordless battery powered) are still USA made

Snap-on Inc. operates plants in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Elizabethton, Tennessee, and Elkmont, Alabama. Pneumatic and cordless tools are manufactured in Murphy, North Carolina.
Products: Professional Automotive and Industri...
Headquarters: Kenosha, Wisconsin, U.S

1 - 10 of 10 Posts