Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2 door hardtop, i just put the floor in on the passenger side. the rear inner quarter panel is gone at the bottom. i take it that it does meet up with the floor pan. do they make a new inner quarter for hardtops or do i have to make this piece myself, and by looking at it the quarter panel and floor pan are offset of each other. does the bottom of the inner quarter panel get bigger to fit this space. can someone please help me with this. :confused:

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Hi Fix
Hey photo's would be great this way we could see what is going on and give you the best remidy for repair . also Im not sure the inner wheel well would be any different from the other models but check out our sponser links for parts info. and dont forget to tell them ya found them here. :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
Check out Ebay for inner quarter patch panel

I just purchased a patch pannel for the inner quarter panel for my 55 Chevy on Ebay. The panel is made really nice and fits perfectly. The guy sells them for $24.99 per side and has them on Ebay with a "buy it now price". I included a link to his website so you can view the product for yourself. www.picturetrail.com/rastis1955

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
inner quarter patch panel

i think i have seen this panel, sorry i have been busy and havent had time to be on here much. what i am talking about is where the floor pan meets the rear inner quarter panel , i have a offset gap. how do you put pictures on here. as soon as i figure out how i will follow up on pics. thank you

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
inner quarter to floor

finally i have found out how to attach photo's. this is a picture of the passenger floor i just put in my 57 2 door hardtop. the gap you see of the new metal and rusted out metal below the rear quarter window, does not quite meet up. the metal is offset just alittle, not to mention it is all rusted out. can i make a piece to but up to the flange on the new metal and weld to the exsisting inner quarter panel, after i clean it all up. the rocker panels and all the other stuff seems to look fine. for some reason the floor just didnt meet up to the inner quarter panel wall. what do you think? thank you (fix)

Attachments

·
Registered
688 Posts
can i make a piece to but up to the flange on the new metal and weld
I cant see why not,you could do a U up against the inner quarter and up against your new part, I know that theres a channel there to run your wires for the back but by the time your wires get there they go off to under the seat part

1 - 10 of 10 Posts