Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks!

Earlier this year I started my first 57 project. Others here are far more experienced with several projects under their belt. For me at this early stage of the project it all seems to be going soooo slooowwww. Then I finish a small, or what seems to be a small, aspect of the project and all of a sudden I feel excited again. Progress was made.

What makes my project really slow is my work. It keeps me out of town all week wth only weekends to get work done on the project. During the week all I can do is run the web and look at other folks getting their project done.

Well, I was sent to another little town in East Texas to work and as luck would have it I spotted this mural painted on the side of an old auto parts store. The store has been closed for years (as is most of the town) but this mural has remined. Hurrican Rita took almost everything behind the wall so I will assume Rita liked 57's as much as I do.

Driving past this mural each morning helps me get home quicker each Friday. This is in Kountze, TX by-the-way.

Enjoy,

Don Copeland
Houston, TX

Attachments

·
Administrator
49,643 Posts
Don don`t worry about going too slow on your project. I`ve owned my 57 for going on 28yrs. I`m in the middle of its second rebuild which was started in 1998. I don`t want to get in a hurry and shortcut something. That my excuse anyway. Terry.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I'm in the same boat - I can only find time on the weekends to work on my 57, and with family, homeownership, etc., my weekends are often taken up with other projects. Time just slips by!

Thanks for the photo of that cool mural! :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Me too... I had to retire early to stay home with my wifes 88 years old Father who has lived with us for about 9 years. His health is failing, he went thru chemo for bladder cancer and now his joints are failing. He falls a lot. His mind is as sharp as a 20 year old but the body is going. My wife can not pick him up if he falls and we do not want to put him in a nursing home so I am the Mr. Mom... taking care of him and everything else in the house (cooking, cleaning, dishes, clothes, lawn, etc. etc...) . The only time I get to work on my 5 projects is the weekends when my wife is home. Just don't lose sight of what your dream car will look like when it is done. Doesn't matter how long it takes...just keep that vision in your mind and you will keep plugging away at it.

·
Administrator
49,643 Posts
Nomad i like your attitude toward your father-in-law and your car. You are to be commended. I thought a lot of my father-in-law, miss him sometimes. Don`t give up on your car, taking your time helps when you step back and see something that you missed or just never thought about doing. I`ve been rebuilding mine for nearly 8 yrs. Terry.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks Terry. I try to keep a positive look at life. It doesn't always work but mostof the time it does. It has gotten me thru some dark times so passing it on to others is the best thing to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts