Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to give Classic Truck Consoles a :tu

I purchased a console from them, and I am very :happy0030: with there product.

I probably have about 50 hours into cutting the console down to fit under the 55 dash, measure 10 times, cut and trim the console to fit all the stuff i have crammed into it, and primer and paint. I will have the console covered when i figure out what pattern and material i will be using when i have the doors covered next year.

[/URL][/IMG

Rick

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn Rick, I count 12 holes in that thing. No wonder it took so long to do.
Ya! it took longer than i thought, but then again what doesn't with me :)

I must have lost at at-least 2 pounds of fiberglass with all the holes i drilled, but then again i probably installed 5 pounds of crap back into it...:sign0020:

Just got done hooking up the power for the power source plug in the back of the console so Logan can have his DVD player on the long road trips, and i hooked up the L.E.D. Opera lights on the side of the console, they look SWEET all lit up :D

Looks good Rick, the steering wheel is on the wrong side :)
That's what looks so WRONG....I could not figure it out for the life of me, i guess i better take the dash back out and start over again :sign0020:

Rick

·
Registered
67,750 Posts
just a wonderful job rick. thanks for telling us where you got it. :tu

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rick, that looks really great......what size are your cup holders? :congrats:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive
Thanks Mickey!!!

When i purchased the center console you had the option to buy the cup holders, and they offered a medium set and a larger set wish are three and half inches wide (I had to buy a new hole saw to mount them :sign0020:) but to be honest with ya, i wish i would have bought the smaller ones, the bigger ones have 2 sizes on the inside and step down to a smaller size. The bigger hole lets stuff wobble around in the holder, and the smaller size is just to small, so my coffee cup does not fit inside of the smaller one. But there is no turning back now :sign0020:

just a wonderful job rick. thanks for telling us where you got it. :tu
Thanks Carl!!!
Got to give props to our vendors :)

I am the first to complain when something does not work, but i also like to give :tu when it is deserved also :)

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Rick,
That console looks really cool. Compliments the dash perfectly. Great job.:tu
Post some pics of those lights on,if you can.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Rick, everything looks great! Love your console and all the things you put in it. Good job! Where did you get the opera lights? Have a great day. Ron

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rick,
Thanks,
Mike
Hey Mike!!!!

I spent a couple of hours plumbing in my temp gauge and oil pressure gauge today (had a good family day going to the movies too see Dispical Me 2, which bye the way is better than the first one :tu) but i also started on the wiring for the all the lights, gauges and stereo, but as soon as i get it all wired in i will post up some pics for ya!!!!!

Rick, everything looks great! Love your console and all the things you put in it. Good job! Where did you get the opera lights? Have a great day. Ron

Thanks Ron :shakehands:

I found the Opera light here,http://www.kristkustoms.com/parts.html 20 bucks a piece for the lights, and then for another 5 bucks per light to up grade to the L.E.D. bulbs so they draw less amps, and the bulbs do not melt the lens cover if the door is left open for too long.

So any thoughts on another HAN's get together at your house yet??? :p3: :sign0020:

Rick

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Hey Mike!!!!

I spent a couple of hours plumbing in my temp gauge and oil pressure gauge today (had a good family day going to the movies too see Dispical Me 2, which bye the way is better than the first one :tu) but i also started on the wiring for the all the lights, gauges and stereo, but as soon as i get it all wired in i will post up some pics for ya!!!!!

Thanks Ron :shakehands:

I found the Opera light here,http://www.kristkustoms.com/parts.html 20 bucks a piece for the lights, and then for another 5 bucks per light to up grade to the L.E.D. bulbs so they draw less amps, and the bulbs do not melt the lens cover if the door is left open for too long.

So any thoughts on another HAN's get together at your house yet??? :p3: :sign0020:

Rick
Rick thanks for the info on the opera lights. We wont be able to have a get together this year. Too much going on. I hate to not have it but we just wont have time this year. We will do it next year for sure. Hopefully we can all get together at A&W. Will have to be early in the week for me to attend. Ron

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rick thanks for the info on the opera lights. We wont be able to have a get together this year. Too much going on. I hate to not have it but we just wont have time this year. We will do it next year for sure. Hopefully we can all get together at A&W. Will have to be early in the week for me to attend. Ron
Now worries on not having the get together this year Ron. Aren't you going out of town the same week end? I am not sure when or if we will be able to get together at A&W, i called A&W today and there was nobody there that could give me a answer on us meeting up there, i will keep beating the door down....

Rick

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Now worries on not having the get together this year Ron. Aren't you going out of town the same week end? I am not sure when or if we will be able to get together at A&W, i called A&W today and there was nobody there that could give me a answer on us meeting up there, i will keep beating the door down....

Rick
Rick, I will try to stop by A&W and see if I can talk with the owner. Let me know when you are coming down maybe we can have lunch. Ron

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rick,
Thanks,
Mike
here is a pic of the console lit up, the flash from the camera took away the lights from the gauges though.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts