Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I am new to the Tri-Five group and I am looking for some help on how to Install 3 point seat belts into a 56 Chevy Pickup. I know how the floor mounting goes, it is the side top shoulder strap mounting bolt that I need assistence with. How do you attach the top shoulder strap bolt to the cab without cutting the sheet metal.

68,758 Posts
:hello: hi zv and welcome. good to have you here. maybe put this question in truck area.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:tobowtie-trifive:shakehands: Glad you found us... Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Hello All,

I am new to the Tri-Five group and I am looking for some help on how to Install 3 point seat belts into a 56 Chevy Pickup. I know how the floor mounting goes, it is the side top shoulder strap mounting bolt that I need assistence with. How do you attach the top shoulder strap bolt to the cab without cutting the sheet metal.
Hey zvector, Welcome to the World of Tri-Five from Houston !!! We're really glad you joined us, and wish you best of luck with your 56 Chevy PU project :tu good luck with that 3 pt seat belt :tu post a few pix when you get a chance, we'd lov ta’ see'em... :tu take care, BDR…:cool:

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand.
8,018 Posts
:sign0016: to bowtie-trifive from New Zealand :n_z:

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,366 Posts
Hello All,

You could install late model truck seats with the seat belts built in. 99-06 trucks.

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Hi zvector and :sign0016: aboard to bowtie-trifive from Perth, Australia :shakehands: Glad to have you here with us :tu:tu

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
Welcome to Tri-Five. We're glad to have you here. Regarding your belt mounts, if you're open to using late model buckets, i.e., Chevy Tahoe, the belts are integral.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Seatbelt bolt

I do like the late model truck seat idea but depending on the look your going with that may not work for you. I can't really think of any way other than welding the bolt in that would be strong enough in the case of an accident that would hold up and not break . If you go to Juliano's web site there is and install article useing my 55 car as an example , it is a very easy install all you do is figure out where you want the belt cut a slot for the plate that has the nut welded to it and weld it in place and your done.

Big John
:anim_25::sign0016:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Help Mounting 3-Point Seat Belts in 56 Chevy Truck

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi zvector, Here's a good link for a 3 point install. I used this when I installed a 3 point into my 57 truck last year. You don't need to cut anything, but you will need to drill the hole for the shoulder strap bolt, then find a way to get the mounting plate up in the gap behind the drilled hole for the bolt. I used the method used in the link below.

My only word of caution is when you drill the hole, be careful in that when it goes through it doesn't hit the backside of the outside sheet metal and cause a ding. If you have a drill stopper / collar, I'd recommend using it. I wish i did.

http://www.bobshotrods.com/howto/3-point-seat-belt-install-in-1956-chevy-pick-up/

Good luck!
PointyWombat

1 - 20 of 23 Posts