Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, went to the boneyard yesterday an got a 2002 chevy truck 4L60 automatic transmission, what would I need to do to change over from the 700R4 I already have in it to install the 4L60. Thanks Bill :confused0006:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hello all, went to the boneyard yesterday an got a 2002 chevy truck 4L60 automatic transmission, what would I need to do to change over from the 700R4 I already have in it to install the 4L60. Thanks Bill :confused0006:
I think you would need a stand alone computer for the transmission so it will shift. Unless you have a newer engine with computer already for that transmission.

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,392 Posts
Wow old thread.

But the LS 4l60e will not bolt up behind the SBC with out an aftermarket conveter. The stock center hub of the LS 60e sticks out to far and will not allow the trans to bolt up all the way. Plus one would need a computer to contorl it.

Also you would have to have a box to run the mech speedo as well as the 60e only has a VSS output.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Original post was 2+ years ago, that install must really be giving him fits!!!!

:sign0020:

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
4L60e (ls) in gen I/II

Comments about center hub correct. 2012 GM Performance Parts Catalog has a kit to make a newer 4L60e fit to an older block. Can't remember but price at Jegs was $199.

Will :flag6:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts