Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone can tell where I can find instructions for the installation of the vacuum pump for my BB427. I put power brakes on the car and they work great when the engine is running at higher RPMs, however because the engine has edlebrock cams, when at idle, it does not produce sufficient vacuum to run the power brake system. I have purchased a Gast Vacuum pump but it came with no instructions (will automatically go on when the vacuum pressure falls below 15 pounds). I sent a note to the company but have not received a reply yet. Have any of you installed one of these vacuum pumps? Any suggestions?

thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P/N MTR1002
12VDC 8.0 AMPS, 3300RPM
Model No. 980.117

Has three base bolts to attach to the frame (or other very secure surface).

like I said it is made by Gast Mfg. Has all of hoses and valves as part of the kit. Would it be more helpful if I could include a photo?

Ron

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Ron, I can't find anything. Post a pic and tell us how many wire connections and if they are marked. I suspect it would wire hot to ignition "hot in run position" and then maybe a ground wire. That way when the key is off the pump sits off and when the car is runing, it runs to maintain vac.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
http://www.classicperform.com/instructions.htm

On right side of screen a little more than half way down, the first thing under the Miscellaneous Instructions... 12VVCP - 12 Volt Vacuum Pump Installation Instructions -PDF

Lots more usefull info there too...

I have a more detailed instruction sheet if I can still find it, installed one a couple years ago... Those things are loud when they kick on...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry that I have not gotten back to you with a big thankyou. I have been out of country for several weeks. This sheet of instructions is exactly what I was looking for.

Regards

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts