Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Guys

Hope someone can help me with this! I have power bucket seats from a Bonneville SSEI and I need to build a new frame to adapt them to fit in my 57 convert, has anyone got pictures of how they built a set?
Thanks Bruce

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that helps already as I wasn't sure what to build but I suppose runners would be the easiest way to do this. These seat are 9 way power so the less getting in the way under the front and rear the better I guess.
What did you use for material? tubing?

·
Registered
38,739 Posts
Keep in mind that the floor in a 55-57 is 1-1/4" taller next to the tunnel than it is at the original seat mounts. And most seats are built to put on a flat floor.

So you have two choices.
1. Raise the outside mount 1-1/4". I did this on mine by using a 1-1/2" tube for a runner under the outer seat mount, and a 1/4" x 1-1/2" bar under the inner mount. My seats had enough adjustability so that they weren't too high off the floor (later model seats are thinner than stock seats).
2. Cut a tunnel next to the transmission hump so that the seat mounts are at the same level as the original outer mount. You might want to do this if the seats are as thick as stock seats, or if you are quite tall.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I had to some of both of what Rick said, plus the middle of the floor, as the seat motors needed the space as the seat moves back and forth. I'll post a pic in a bit.

Charlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.