Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am looking into installing a new steering wheel in the near future, Q. is, from what I have read that a New Steering Wheel for a 57 Bel Air measures from floor to the top of the wheel 30" mine measures just under 30"
So rule of thumb would be 30"? Q. New Column will be installed to the floor board or thru the floor board to the steering box? If get a chance to take a few pics on how shabby the one is in the car now I will, sorta a hatchet job in my opinion. Thanks for the help here guys.

Robert

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,022 Posts
Hey guys, I am looking into installing a new steering wheel in the near future, Q. is, from what I have read that a New Steering Wheel for a 57 Bel Air measures from floor to the top of the wheel 30" mine measures just under 30"
So rule of thumb would be 30"? Q. New Column will be installed to the floor board or thru the floor board to the steering box? If get a chance to take a few pics on how shabby the one is in the car now I will, sorta a hatchet job in my opinion. Thanks for the help here guys.

Robert
The column is not measured from the floor. Here's a quote for Ididit columns.
"All Ididit columns measure from the very end of the output spline
to the end of the large diameter portion where the steering wheel adapter
meets. Do not include the short spline extension that the adapter fits on to."

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don thanks for the info, that makes since to me on the measurement. As for new steering columns, what brand have you guys put in your Tri 5 cars and it what length were they to being with. Thanks for the help here guys.

Robert

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
I have the Ididit tilt. The size is the retro fit model specifically for the 57. I have no idea as to the length. It is a quality piece of hardware.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts