Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to get a set of those ramps where you drive the car on and then lift the back with a floor jack. i think they are about 18" high. i remember seeing them in street rod magazines years ago. does anybody know if these are still available?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I was thinking about getting one of these a few years ago. I think they were just under a grand then. For just a few hundred more you can get a mid rise that will lift a little higher and overall nicer. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
37,982 Posts
While the Kwiklift has some usefulness and advantages, I see them as very few compared to a floor jack and jack stands. And you problably have those already or will need them too. Plus it will be in the way if you need to have your car on the floor and work from topside.

Access to the bottom of the car is really limited with the Kwiklift. For instance, if you need to change a transmission or clutch, the room under the car is really limited as far as getting you AND a transmission jack under there, let alone a helper. With jack stands, you, a helper, and a jack all "kind of" fit.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
We have these down at work, and so far these have my vote for a overhead lift.
http://www.ari-hetra.com/product/54/Heavy-Duty-Mobile-Lift-HDML-AE-6.cfm

limited space application, portable and stowable, they lift by the tire, all 4sequenced together. all you need is a flat surface, no need to get it straight on the ramps.

Found some that are 12,000 lb rated, with different sized wheel/tire/frame adapters, and will slide under a car that sits 4" off the ground.

Now I just need to win the lottery,,:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
862 Posts
yeah, I saw that.. I thought you meant 12k lbs total.. 3k per lift.. This one you posted is about $25k:eek: ... a bit too much for household use..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
yeah, I saw that.. I thought you meant 12k lbs total.. 3k per lift.. This one you posted is about $25k:eek: ... a bit too much for household use..:rolleyes:
That's why I am waiting on this lottery ticket,,I know it will hit (c'mon).
:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts