Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody.....I wanted to ask if a frame from a 1955,1956or maybe a 1958 chevy fit my 1957 belair sportcoupe 2dr??? do they chage from 2 doors or 4 doors. thanks for any replies!!-dan

·
12,256 Posts
A 58 frame won't fit any 55-57. A 55 or 56 frame will "fit" a 57, but the front bumper horns are too long and the bumper holes are in a different location, the front eye of the rear leaf spring is mounted lower, the rearmost bumper bolt is 1/2" further back, and they have a small tab for the front wheelwell splash pan to bolt to. The 55 frames have different shackles than 56 and 57.

Best bet is to find a 57 frame from any model except 4DHT or vert. The 2-door sedan, wagon, and 4-door sedan frames are identical within a model year. The 2DHT frame differs only by the addition of one body mount on each side just behind the doors.

Oh yeah, WELCOME to TriFive!

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
For an exact match you will need a '57 2 door hardtop frame. Other '57 frames could possibly be used but they will take some modification in order to make it right.

I don't type fast enough Yep, what Chevynuts says.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I WILL LOOK FOR A WAGON OR A 4 DOOR FRAME,thanks!

A 58 frame won't fit any 55-57. A 55 or 56 frame will "fit" a 57, but the front bumper horns are too long and the bumper holes are in a different location, the front eye of the rear leaf spring is mounted lower, the rearmost bumper bolt is 1/2" further back, and they have a small tab for the front wheelwell splash pan to bolt to. The 55 frames have different shackles than 56 and 57.

Best bet is to find a 57 frame from any model except 4DHT or vert. The 2-door sedan, wagon, and 4-door sedan frames are identical within a model year. The 2DHT frame differs only by the addition of one body mount on each side just behind the doors.

Oh yeah, WELCOME to TriFive!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts