Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've seen the Plum Dusk before, but I think the combo is reversed. Every 56 I've ever seen is usually India Ivory as the secondary color, not the primary. The India Ivory looks a little too "white" as well. Maybe just the photo. But who knows? Back then you could order anything you wanted! Looks pretty, and a great job on the resto.

But look at all the codes for 56s. Code 708 is India Ivory/Dusk Plum. My 56 is 710, India Ivory/Twilight Turquoise and my car was turquoise all over, white in the divider, much like most all 56s that are two-tone with the India Ivory. The secondary color is listed FIRST (the color in the paint divider, if you will). The car is painted incorrectly from what I can see. Colors are reversed. But again, I'm basing this on every other example out there and the tags to match. But that begs the question, why would someone do that type of resto and do it wrong? Hmmmmmmm....

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
I don't hate it :)

Was talking with a stovebolt collector, and he mentioned that many times trucks got "factory painted" as per clients requests, so it was not uncommon to see different color combos, and still be factory paint...that happen with trifives also?

·
Premium Member
15,888 Posts
It appears to be nicely done but not correct in many ways. As mentioned the colors are reversed, I checked the code. The interior colors are not correct for the 611 code. The block is a 2 barrel block, The car has a 4 barrel carb. It appears that the "factory A/C" is not factory after all, The cowl tag on an A/C car is on the drivers side of the cowl not over part of the adapter plate on the cowl. These are just a few things that jump out with a quick glance at the pictures. :anim_25:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Nice color combo but even a novice like me picked up on some things that aren't right. Tailgate frame painted black, black linoleum, etc.

I do like the wire wheel covers over chrome rims. Still haven't decided what I want to do with my Nomad.

·
Registered
67,707 Posts
nice, but should have pick a different color combo imo. :confused0006:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thinking outside the square, if everyone had the same tastes then we wouldn't admire Nomads so much....nice colour combo I reckon. In Australia at the present they are jumping on bright metallic colours....look fantastic on the right cars with the right wheels...

:tu

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Love this reversed color combo. I love the unusual...I'm a 100% stock guy, so this is what i look for. Have a friend that had a reversed nassau blue and harbor blue 56 nomad. it's too bad that all the options were added. I have never seen this combo and I really really like it.

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
So many factory options!!!!! I have just hit overload!!! I WANT IT :sign0020::sign0020:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like it a lot for some reason, maybe its just because its different from all the others. if that is a factory color combo with white as the primary, I think that makes it even more cool.

then I started thinking, when have I ever seen a 56 nomad that I didn't like :sign0020:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts