Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

interior dome light problem

Tags
light
2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Pops @ Tri-5.com 
#1 ·
Having problems with the new wiring on the interior dome light on Chev 55. As long as the dome light frame is grounded the light always stays on. If I keep the dome light frame from grounding the light works fine with opening the door or turning the headlight knob. I realize there is orange wire to the light that stays hot all the time and its the breaking the circuit with opening the door that lights the bulb. Anyway, ...long story short, can someone tell me how the dome light socket is wired? Mine has two prongs and a double filimint. Thanks !!! HELP !

#3 ·
Concurring with Jim... If you have two filaments... You have wrong bulb. As you stated the Orange lead is always hot... Waiting for a ground to touch the other wire... From your doors. The bulb you have is grounded at the case... So when you touch the housing to the car, you complete the circuit. Long story short is the bulb you need is a 1004.. Single filiment.

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.