Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a little help in deciding on a color combo. :confused0006:

I'm working on a turquoise and white 57 Bel-air. (shooting for 60's styling)
The original interior is turqoise and black with an all turquoise dash etc...
It's just a bit much for me and I was wanting to change color. I'm not opposed to keeping some of the TQ but maybe not so much.

Could you guys post some interior pics and help me out? I would like to see them all for ideas, but would really like to see some of the turquoise cars.

Any help would be appreciated.
KK

·
Registered
961 Posts

I've got grey tweed in my turquoise 57.

Looking for a little help in deciding on a color combo. :confused0006:

I'm working on a turquoise and white 57 Bel-air. (shooting for 60's styling)
The original interior is turqoise and black with an all turquoise dash etc...
It's just a bit much for me and I was wanting to change color. I'm not opposed to keeping some of the TQ but maybe not so much.

Could you guys post some interior pics and help me out? I would like to see them all for ideas, but would really like to see some of the turquoise cars.

Any help would be appreciated.
KK

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Sweet.

David, that grey combo looks great with the Turquoise and White paint. Nice choice! :tu JIM.

7,082 Posts
David, just need to say I think your interior is Drop Dead Georgeous. :congrats: Lloyd

Something deceptively similar in red and white is what I am shooting for. Old style with an update.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice David. That looks really clean!

Anyone with maybe a white/(?) combo?
I seen a very odd color combo in a magazine the other day, It was a red 57 with white seats (trimmed in red I think) with a pink dash & pink shag carpet! It sounds horrible even saying it, but it actually looked pretty good. Ya never know until you try it I guess.

Thanks again for any help.
KK

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Karl, mine is a 56 and not a 57 but if you click onto belairdave's garage and look at my turquise/white old school interior... My interior guy used my stock 56 BA interior to come up with the finished product... Later, Dave

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Karl, mine is a 56 and not a 57 but if you click onto belairdave's garage and look at my turquise/white old school interior... My interior guy used my stock 56 BA interior to come up with the finished product... Later, Dave
I like it Dave. Real nice!
That's a bitchin car all the way around.
I'm only starting on mine, but trying to get a game plan down. I have all the original seats but thinking of putting the bucket seats from an early 60's pontiac in it.
None of this is cheap, so if I end up not liking it I'm stuck with it!

Thanks for the pics.
KK

7,082 Posts
I'm only starting on mine, but trying to get a game plan down. I have all the original seats but thinking of putting the bucket seats from an early 60's pontiac in it.
KK
Karl, nothing wrong with that at all. Would strongly suggest you keep (from pics, looks like a 2 dr hdt) the original seats, regardless of the condition they are in now. They are and will be worth more than a couple of sets of most any buckets you would like. Most go back to original at a later date and REALLY REGRET selling them or throwing them away. Let some things get away when I was young and foolish (not all that long ago that I was foolish). KEEP EM, WORTH $$$$$$$$$$$ more than the buckets you want. Build it like you want it, just keep the good stuff. :anim_25: Lloyd

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
That's a bitchin car all the way around.
None of this is cheap, so if I end up not liking it I'm stuck with it!

Thanks for the pics.
KK
Thanks for the nice words... I put a split bench (power) seat from a 1978 Grand Prix and I hated it!!! Bolt in your new seats before redoing and see if you really like it or not... In the mean time hang onto your old one... I'm glad I did... Later, Dave

·
Registered
961 Posts
Thanks for all the nice compliments guys.

Yes KK, hang on to the stock seat, they can be hard to find an expensive when you find them. My car came with a Malibu seat that was lower and slightly more narrow than a stock tri five seat. A friend sold me his 55 front seat and now he's thinking of using my old Malibu seat because being narrower it might just fit inside the side bars of his roll cage.

Good luck in your search KK. Get to know a good upholstery guy, they've usually got great scrap books of past jobs and plenty of tricks up there sleeves to "make it look right".:)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, I'm not planning on selling anything. As much as I change my mind, I will want the bench back in as soon as I fire it up for the first time.
I ran across this local 56 that had bucket seats from an Impala and the 4 speed console out of a 63. It had a clean look to it and stayed close to the era. If I did this right there is a picture of the 56 I'm talking about.
Now all I need is the right color combo.

56 Interior.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 57 ht and i am going for that 50s 60s look also.Car is at the inter shop now. Looking really nice . Went with a glove box between the sets out of a 62 impala . Box was hard to find but looks good with the 63 buckets.Going with dark gray&charcoal.:)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey guys nice pics...here are a few of mine with 64 ss seats and a homemade console...
Beautiful interior Ron. That is nicely done.

Scott, what color is the outside of your car? I'd love to see some pics when you get it back.

I found my buckets today also. I think I got a decent deal on them... Picked em up for $225 and the chrome looks really nice. (they are the Pontiac seats)
The springs are good as well.

KK

1 - 16 of 16 Posts