Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello. I've been working on a 55 210 belair for a little over a year now. its my dream car and i look forward to exchanging ideas with other car folks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hello nd,

It has been about the same 12-months for my 57 project. Ideas are one of the reasons I joined this forum. Truth be known, I am probably the most inexperienced here.

I am interested in anything I can read concerning performance upgrades. What are your plans for your chassis? One of the confusing areas for me concerns correct selection of tubular A-arms. Are you upgrading yours?

Good luck!

Don Copeland
Houston, TX

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Welcome from Florida! I have been working, slowly and sporadically, on my 57 for about a year. Hope to see some photos, nd :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
howdy don,19 chevelle 69,late 55, 1957 chevy,chevman 57,56 nomad
im in the process of stripping the 12 to 18 layers of paint of the 55. last year i completed the roof, deck lid, quarters and across the back. only found two rust issues the size of a 25 cent piece. currently i have a 327 bored out 60 over with a mild cam (about 400 or so horse) the little saginaw manuel 3 speed gets me around for now. The tublar arms i ve seen in hot rod, super chevy and car craft magizines, they claim bolt on status but are pricey.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey mikeky55

hp may be a number but when i fire up the old girl, her name is lucy, the rumble is pretty good. i like to think that it puts my wifes 66 mustang to shame, at least on the 1/8 mile.

·
Registered
302 Posts
One of the first cars I owned had 4 or 5 coats of oil-based house paint on it. I cussed at it but when I finally got it all off... the paint had protected the body. Thick paint is better than rust any day!!! Keep at it... it will get easier and as a bonus... you get really strong arms so you can lift motors and trannys out!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
56nomand you got that right. i cant wait till its warm enough to finish stripping "lucy". I use napa 6802 paint stripper and you gotta have good air movement not to kill yourself with the fumes.
'

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.