Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put a bunch of items on craigs with the asking price, a guy calls me about the 350 tranny offers me less, ok just to get rid of it. so dig it out didn't take long called him back, he said I will be out today or tomorrow, needless to say he never showed.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,713 Posts
“If you expect the worst, you'll never be disappointed.”

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
put a bunch of items on craigs with the asking price, a guy calls me about the 350 tranny offers me less, ok just to get rid of it. so dig it out didn't take long called him back, he said I will be out today or tomorrow, needless to say he never showed.

The only time I'm sure someone will show up is when I'm giving it away on CL :)

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
I used to sell a lot of parts in the newapaper, never figured CL out and I dont want the hassels of dealing with stupid people now. But I had a Simple rule NEVER dicker on price on the phone. I used to tell them how do you you know you want it when you have not seen it, if you want to dicker on price bring cash. Money talks.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I'm sure we all have stories: I had a guy come here from about 100 miles away to pick up a part that we had agreed on the price over the phone. When he arrived he told me that I had offered the part to him for less than half that over the phone, so I told him to take a hike. Then, about a year later I had a set of rear wheels on CL for $200. I knew the guys voice when he called and was convinced it was him after talking to him. He asked me if I would sell the wheels for $50. I said sure, come get-em. When he showed up and told me I had agreed to take $50 for the wheels I told him he must have called the wrong number because I never said that! I knew he had to drive 200 miles round trip. Then he recognized me from a year before and hollered YOU SOB!

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
That is exactly those dirtbags next step, beat you down 50 dollars over phone and another 50 when they show up.

7,082 Posts
I'm sure we all have stories: I had a guy come here from about 100 miles away to pick up a part that we had agreed on the price over the phone. When he arrived he told me that I had offered the part to him for less than half that over the phone, so I told him to take a hike. Then, about a year later I had a set of rear wheels on CL for $200. I knew the guys voice when he called and was convinced it was him after talking to him. He asked me if I would sell the wheels for $50. I said sure, come get-em. When he showed up and told me I had agreed to take $50 for the wheels I told him he must have called the wrong number because I never said that! I knew he had to drive 200 miles round trip. Then he recognized me from a year before and hollered YOU SOB!
You are a Hero !!!!! Justice. Great Story. :congrats: :flag6: :bowtier:

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Yes we all have our stories so here is mine. Wh used to have a weekly paper that came out with ads only. You could place an ad for free if you droped it by printer, It had to include price and phone number. We placed the following ad " 68 Camaro 12 bolt 4.10 Posi $50 Call XXX-XXXX" The phone number was a pay phone in the parking lot of a closed grocery store. About six months later I was selling a 70 Chevelle bolt 2.73 open at a swap meet and a kid and his dad wanted to know if it would fit his Camaro, how much to add gear, posi etc. When I told them the kid gets mad at his dad for not trying harder to get ahold of that guy in the paper with the Camaro posi for$50. My buddies and I laughed so hard our sides hurt for a week.

·
Premium Member
13,595 Posts
That's funny!

I guess I've been lucky cuz everything I've listed on CL has sold, no problem. A couple of guys drove from pretty far away. Maybe my prices are too low???

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love all the remarks& stories, & yes I will remember his voice & his phoneno. to him the price is firm maybe even more. you all have made my day.

·
Premium Member
15,897 Posts
People that pull that crap with me don't get a second chance to buy it. If they call & try to set up another time I tell them it is no longer for sale.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts