Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been pondering for some time after seeing some 56 interiors that I may want to change my Bench seats to two seaters. How much of this change will affect the originality look of my car? What is the general trend with Trifivers?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
I have been pondering for some time after seeing some 56 interiors that I may want to change my Bench seats to two seaters. How much of this change will affect the originality look of my car? What is the general trend with Trifivers?
I think the key is don't get rid of the stock seats. SOMEDAY you might want to go back the other way. The nice part is you can change them around and if you aren't pleased change em back.:anim_25:

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I like both, but I am going to keep my original bench seat in it, I will have it re-done at some point though. If you go with the buckets keep your original seat just in case.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like both, but I am going to keep my original bench seat in it, I will have it re-done at some point though. If you go with the buckets keep your original seat just in case.
This is actually excited me. I take your point that I must keep the benches.

Attachments

68,758 Posts
you have one beautiful 56 as it is. but, its yours. do whatever will make you happy. if you change the seats, just keep the old ones. :five:

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I think it is a matter of personal choice. My 56 was an all original 27K mile car in excellent restored condition. I grew bored with it and wanted a hotrod so I put it up for sale. It was a 6 cylinder with a three speed. I tried to sell it for 3 years for a reasonable price, but no takers. Finally I decided to turn it into a modified. Now I get plenty of offers to purchased but it's no longer for sale. New bucket seats will be installed this winter and the original bench seat will be stored in my warehouse. I don't think that stock tri-fives (except convertibles) command a very high price compared to other models like my Corvettes, but modified tri-fives seem to do better. Your car looks to be modified to some extent so install the seats you like, keep the originals as suggested and enjoy!

Don

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
first i installed buckets in the 55 4 door from a roadmaster station wagon and i love it now im pondering 2 seats in the back i really like the look and i am going to get rid of the original seats but thats me i don,t care if its original its originally mine

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's Your Choice

Like everyone says here, it's your decision. Personally I think that one key differentiator (between Tri-Five era and modern cars) is the bench seat. It just shouts "OLD SKOOL".
My 55 has benches and that's how it's gonna stay! Don't have none of them fangled seat belts, power steering is for weaklings and ...who needs air con when you can open a window?
Cactus55

1 - 11 of 11 Posts