Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
the back wing window in the wagons are slightly different than the front wing windows...there is a "truck" latch to open and close them....and there isnt the "sliding lock" like cars have....also ( I think ) the rear qtr windows in the wagons are the same as 2dr wagons because if the room the rear wing winows take up.....8 and 9 passenger Pontiac wagons are very difficult to find now-a-days

·
Registered
🐔County, TN. 55 Bel Air Sport Coupe
10,021 Posts
the back wing window in the wagons are slightly different than the front wing windows...there is a "truck" latch to open and close them....and there isnt the "sliding lock" like cars have....also ( I think ) the rear qtr windows in the wagons are the same as 2dr wagons because if the room the rear wing winows take up.....8 and 9 passenger Pontiac wagons are very difficult to find now-a-days
Eight and Nine passengers? How many seats do they have? I'm sure we had 4 in the rear seat, maybe one up front with Mom and Dad, and the smallest 2 or 3 had to take turns in the very back.

·
Premium Member
16,469 Posts
the back wing window in the wagons are slightly different than the front wing windows... the rear qtr windows in the wagons are the same as 2dr wagons
Absolutely correct, The curved glass is the same as the 2dr wagon. I have a complete setup I took out of a rusty 57 Pontiac wagon I plan on putting in my 55 Chevy wagon.

·
Registered
135 Posts
'55-'57 Pontiacs share a lot of parts with '55-'57 Chevys. They're first cousins at least, I read somewhere that Pontiacs were 3 inches longer in front of the windshield post (fenders forward). Years ago (around 1990) I pulled a nice 2-dr front seat out of a rusted Star Chief sedan and Nomad trim/stainless off of a '55 Safari both in the same junkyard.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts