Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1957 Chevy BelAir 4 door sedan
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the prices for complete and working Rochester FI systems going for upwards of 10K, are they worth it? Isn't FI the Holy Grail of induction for our cars? To see those badges on the fenders and open the hood to expose a real Fuelie motor, the wow factor it evokes, does that make it worth that much money? At times I can almost justify it to myself to sell my NOM 69 corvette to finance that conversion for my BelAir. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
36,144 Posts
I think you have to be a true fan of Rochester FI to pay the prices those units sell for. Diehard fan might be a better description.

It certainly isn't worth it for the potential performance gain, which is mostly nil.

·
Premium Member
4,413 Posts
To me, certainly of interest put on a car that was configured/supplied that way back in the day.

·
Administrator
64,189 Posts
What you say is true but after 50 plus years what is truely original and what would you pay for something that is original, is there a demand for it when it seems nowdays an aftermarket fuellie combination is more economical and reliable than those original systems.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I've known a few guys with original early fuelie Vettes. From what I've been told they are very cranky and difficult to own, beware the dreaded hydro-lock!!
Although they have a very large WOW factor, decidedly they are not for me.
The price they command is due in large part to the fact they they will add at least twice that amount to a factory fuelie car that is missing it's fuelie.

Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts